The Antioch branch

Guest Jack Benson

Guest Jack Benson

Purchased pre-2016 when sterling actually had some purchasing power, this is the RP-25 sound version.

Just a massive tad too large, it will spend its life trundling up and down the branch with three boxcars.

spacer.png

StaySafe

Edited by Jack Benson

• RMweb Premium
10 hours ago, Jack Benson said:

Purchased pre-2016 when sterling actually had some purchasing power, this is the RP-25 sound version.

Just a massive tad too large, it will spend its life trundling up and down the branch with three boxcars.

spacer.png

StaySafe

Nice - it'll look the bee's knees!

Guest Jack Benson

Though not directly related to Antioch maybe this link to Owl Mountain might be of interest to those who hold the Bachmann 2-8-0 in high regard, I have no connection. 

Owl Mountain Models

1869304933_SP-UP_C-8910_class_OMM_conversion_kit_sm.jpg.12b1931ee4a586ae4f2f590a2143eb9b.jpg

My recent purchase of a Bachmann 2-6-0 was in anticipation of modification to a NYC version with Stephenson valve gear and changes to cab/tender.

From this:-

spacer.png

To this:-

spacer.png

StaySafe

Edited by Jack Benson
Better photos

On 09/10/2022 at 12:29, Jack Benson said:

spacer.png

StaySafe

A bit like the S&D having a 9F on the 3 coach local.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, Jack Benson said:

Though not directly related to Antioch maybe this link to Owl Mountain might be of interest to those who hold the Bachmann 2-8-0 in high regard, I have no connection. 

Owl Mountain Models

1869304933_SP-UP_C-8910_class_OMM_conversion_kit_sm.jpg.12b1931ee4a586ae4f2f590a2143eb9b.jpg

My recent purchase of a Bachmann 2-6-0 was in anticipation of modification to a NYC version with Stephenson valve gear and changes to cab/tender.

From this:-

spacer.png

To this:-

spacer.png

StaySafe

Thanks for posting this link, Tim, the OMM conversion looks very interesting and unusual, Stephenson valve gear was quite uncommon, I believe, in the US.

Quite fancy one of those to go with my consolidation.

Cheers,

Mark

Guest Jack Benson

Another RMweb project arrived at the buffers. This and the West Bay Light Railway will be making their final appearance on an eBay near you. 

Stay