Drewry 04 or BR 03 shunter brake rodding details

EasternO

I'm working on a project I picked up from someone else but it's missing some precise details about the brake rodding. I'm sure I've seen photos posted here of the underneath of an 04 or 03 showing the brake linkages but I can't find it now. Some of the rods were round bar and some were flat. Both were linked with triangle brackets. Any help would be great.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, EasternO said:

I'm working on a project I picked up from someone else but it's missing some precise details about the brake rodding. I'm sure I've seen photos posted here of the underneath of an 04 or 03 showing the brake linkages but I can't find it now. Some of the rods were round bar and some were flat. Both were linked with triangle brackets. Any help would be great.

Hello, not sure if this will be any help, but I have a High Level Kits 03 chassis in my stash, intended for use in motorising an Airfix Drewry kit - if any detail on that etch would be helpful, please let me know and I'll post pictures...

• Thanks 1

Thank you, anything would help at this stage. I'm fairly sure the rods linking each side of levers/shoes were round section (they joined the adjusters at the front which was a tube with nuts), and I'm also fairly sure the rods linking opposite levers/shoes were flat section but I'm not totally sure. Thanks.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, EasternO said:

Thank you, anything would help at this stage. I'm fairly sure the rods linking each side of levers/shoes were round section (they joined the adjusters at the front which was a tube with nuts), and I'm also fairly sure the rods linking opposite levers/shoes were flat section but I'm not totally sure. Thanks.

Never model a model but any use?

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
15 hours ago, EasternO said:

Any help. The linkage appears to well inside the frames.

a179.jpg.ed85284b982c60a0809232afbf2e4c78.jpg

a180.jpg.8e1b67dac39f248c0ee41604ceab576e.jpg

a181.jpg.3ae83e721dc3fb9c7ca9e6b0b726a759.jpg

a182.jpg.4aee939e59b8d7c62e37ce7f65b9b282.jpg

a186.jpg.faabd787b11d1d0053462db9f54c7a6c.jpg

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
On 05/09/2022 at 12:06, EasternO said:

Looks like you've got much better info now courtesy of the excellent photos posted by others, which will be helpful for my build (and anyone else building one) too 🙂

• Like 1