RMweb

KMRC hint of new exclusive

rembrow

In todays KMRC newsletter (30th Sept), there is a hint of a new exclusive.

Under an item stating 'coming soon' for their exclusive Heljan Class 45 within 14 days, they posted 'coming sooner' 'It is a class with more than 11.....'

Indicates its due before the Heljan 45 exclusive.

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

2 hours ago, The Stationmaster said:

Class 12 is more than Class 11 

Interesting thought. I wasn't sure how this would fit with KMRC producing models that worked in their area, but according to the Southern e-mail group, while initially working in London at Norwood and Hither Green, some were later allocated to Ashford and Eastleigh works and in the 60s, some were working at Bournemouth, which would make a link.

Of course it could be just a version of an existing model.

1 hour ago, The Stationmaster said:

Class 12 is more than Class 11 

I thought of that, but it's already coming as part of the Model Rail Classes 11/12 project. AFAIK no EPs of either class has been seen yet, so I'm still pondering a Class with 12 members.......of course this thinking could be too conventional - "a class with more than 11....." of what? Handrail knobs? Spokes in the driving wheels? Lumps of coal in the bunker? Blades on the roof fan?

Warship Class 42 with disc headcodes?!

"Haha.......don't be silly H, besides they were a sub-set of a Class which is not currently available as an RTR model."

Yeah, but if the old tooling is going spare now it could be modified to........

"Stop right there, people will think you've lost the plot!"

(Since I'm talking to myself in public they're probably right 😜)

"Go and sit quietly in a dark corner until you feel better."

Yeah OK 😴

It's all KMRC's fault.....teasers 🤬!!

• Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

21 hours ago, Halvarras said:

I thought of that, but it's already coming as part of the Model Rail Classes 11/12 project. AFAIK no EPs of either class has been seen yet.

Back in August there was 2 decorated samples of the Class 11 so it looks like they past the EP stage. 

• Informative/Useful 1

On 30/09/2022 at 18:59, rembrow said:

Under an item stating 'coming soon' for their exclusive Heljan Class 45 within 14 days, they posted 'coming sooner' 'It is a class with more than 11.....'

Indicates its due before the Heljan 45 exclusive.

So it's "one louder" than Spinal Tap.....

spacer.png

• Funny 2

• RMweb Premium

A 118 DMU, as a tooling variant of the Bachmann 117?

It's a west country prototype and KMRC did originally say that they would be doing 116, 117 and 118 DMUs as exclusives before Bachmann (forgive me, I forget exactly what happened in the early history of the project), announced their 117.

It is also in the Bachmann style announce on delivery, and 118 has, arguably, an 11 in it, but is also more than 11. 

Plain BR Blue, please, I'll take two sets.

Well, I can hope.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

On 30/09/2022 at 13:59, rembrow said:

There are thirteen original Warships, D800 to D812, so you could argue it is a Class with more than 11...  🙂

Route indicator headcode frames and different body side grills.  Names like Formidable, Avenger, Champion...

Maybe Bachmann is about to release Class 42s?  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Paul.Uni said:

GWR Diagram U auto trailer? According to the Didcot Railway Centre website only 12 were built.

It would be a nice match for their GWR Steam Railmotor, wouldn't it? Are examples of both prototypes at the Didcot Railway Centre?

Something like this perhaps?

Hugh Llewelyn - GWR Auto-trailer No.92 - GWR Churchward 70 ' auto-trailer third No.92, Diagram U, Lot 1198, built at Swindon in 1912 to work with railmotors, at the Great Western Society Steam Gala, Didcot Railway Centre, 31 July 2021.

GWR Auto-trailer No.92

• Like 1