Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

Triang Model-Land buildings and Minix vehicles.

• Moderators
14 hours ago, Pylon King said:

BE9FDD20-C8B7-40B7-BDC3-0A4638F018DC.jpeg

The bottom right shot has always reminded a little of Newport in Shropshire - https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@52.7688371,-2.3785048,3a,75y,321.77h,87.98t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s6nHtbYNrgqiivg5b_ViZwQ!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

image.png

I'd quite happily doctor some of these kits still.

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

The kits did certainly become available; I have several still, I think, in a box somewhere (all built). I never saw the Model-Land catalogue referred to, but the photograph also featured in the Triang-Hornby Book of Trains — I still have my copy but, like many perfect-bound publications of that era, most of the pages are loose…

• Like 1

6 hours ago, D9020 Nimbus said:

The kits did certainly become available; I have several still, I think, in a box somewhere (all built). I never saw the Model-Land catalogue referred to, but the photograph also featured in the Triang-Hornby Book of Trains — I still have my copy but, like many perfect-bound publications of that era, most of the pages are loose…

The high street scene is one that really stands out in TH Book of Trains .  I still have the original studio master colour transparency for this wonderful scene in my archive .

A319AAA1-559E-4414-A756-F6A08A9367FE.jpeg

Edited by Pylon King
  • Like 5

On 05/10/2022 at 10:08, Legend said:

I studied that picture for what must have been hours in the Tri-ang Hornby catalogue .  The interesting thing is that the OO buildings are actually shown with the TT track . You can see the TT Prairie on the right and just out of shot , but on the original picture was what I now know as a 104 dmu.

Model Land , Minix and of course Tri-ang and Tri-ang Hornby just take me back to my childhood . My own layout actually resembles the layouts you used to see in these catalogues rather than prototypical practice .   I do have the factory units  which command high prices on eBay .  I've always fancied the shops , especially a Woolworths (another blast from the past heading down to Woolies to buy an Airfix kit) but these are also pretty rare .

My father had a Ford Thames minibus which he spent most of his spare time patching up with fibre glass , so these Minix Thames vans have special appeal . I recently bought a transporter van with three of them as a load .

So yes I still remember and use Model Land and Minix !

The catalogue scenes have always been so captivating.

Edited by Pylon King