Railway & Modelling Obituaries

Doug Fairhurst

polybear

• RMweb Premium

It came as quite a shock to learn of the very sad passing of Doug Fairhurst whilst reading the latest issue of the EMGS Newsletter today.  Doug will be known to many, many people and largely helped make the EMGS what it is today - in particular the EMGS Stores.

A very sad loss.

RIP Doug.

• Agree 5
  • Friendly/supportive 9

• RMweb Premium

Never met Doug personally, but as a former EMGS member, I frequently dealt with Doug as Trade Officer.

He always dealt with my purchases and forwarded my subs to the membership secretary/treasurer as required, from my account balance (Doug dealt with overseas members extremely well and I never had to contact any one else). I do remember that a few times the paperwork had child's writing on it - obviously his children assisted from time to time!

Thanks Doug for your help for years - RIP.

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Oh, that is a shock for me also. Back in the late '70's/early '80's as a member of the EMGS there were times I used to think Doug was the EMGS, he seemed to do everything. As he was the Uncle of someone I worked with he was occasionally down my way, and a couple of times hand delivered an order I had made to the shop a few days before! 

Such was the man. A privilege to have known him.

R.I.P. Doug

Bob

• Friendly/supportive 2