CONFLATs B & Birds Eye / BR AFP Containers

cctransuk

I have listed my BR CONFLAT B and Birds Eye / BR AFP container transfers for a nearly two decades now; (see Sheets BL52 & BL53 at https://www.cctrans.org.uk/products.htm); but sales have never been brisk due to the absence of suitable 4mm. scale models on which to apply them!

This situation has recently been remedied by Jonathan Duffett, who has designed models for 3D printing; the appropriate files can be found on 'Thingverse', I gather.

Jonathan kindly supplied me with some samples, and the results can be seen below; my transfers fit perfectly!

20221027_120638.jpg.f57ddec19823e2dfbbe9c438eeaa37f5.jpg

20221027_120610.jpg.d251538573ab0bac6164bc2b1dd4a3ce.jpg

The white liveried AFP containers sit on a scratchbuilt CONFLAT B, as converted by BR from a FLAT ED; the normal CONFLAT Bs and the containers are from Jonathan's designs.

John Isherwood.

• Like 9
  • Informative/Useful 1

3 hours ago, cctransuk said:

This situation has recently been remedied by Jonathan Duffett, who has designed models for 3D printing; the appropriate files can be found on 'Thingverse', I gather.

That is fantastic news! Now, all I need to do is find someone who is able to do 3D printing (as I know nothing about it and have zero experience or even access to the necessary hardware!) and then buy the transfers off John!

To go off topic for but a moment, I predict a time when every model shop will have a 3D printing station linked to the internet, in order to print - to order - items for their customers; many smaller items may eventually no longer need to be held physically “in stock”, with either super fast 3D printing or a rapid turnaround between purchase and delivery/collection, the shop paying a small “licence fee” to the designer each time a design is printed.

HOURS OF FUN!

Edited by SteveyDee68
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

• RMweb Gold
10 hours ago, cctransuk said:

It occurs to me - could the AFP designation originate from 'A-size container - Frozen Peas'?!? 😉

John Isherwood.

Produce?

Although, given Birds Eye's production line from North Lincolnshire pea growing field to Grimsby factory in one hour or less (if the machinery in the factory stopped or whatever a signal was sent the fields to stop picking) , then your assumption has merit!

Mike.