The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Morley controller - mystery of the moving feet

Graham108

I wasn't sure whether to post this on RMWEB or some alien-oriented website, but has anybody else experienced the rubber feet on a Morley controller moving as per the attached photo. You can see from the black marks where the feet have been moving.

Really weird as the controller is not currently being used but is wired up.

20221105_125533.jpg

Ugh.

It happens with glued on rubber feet. The glue reacts with the rubber over time and the resulting guey mess stops being adhesive and becomes - slippery...

Its best to take them all off, try to clean the mess off with a suitable solvent* then replace them with new feet.

*  I don't know what will work.  The stuff sold for removing sticky label residue might, or perhaps some white spirit.  Its just a case of try it and see.

Edited by Hroth
Fat finger. Corrected.

• RMweb Gold

I believe the key ingredient in stick stuff removers is acetone which is most easily obtained by purchasing (or borrowing) some nail polish remover but read the label as there are acetone free ones.

I'd be tempted to contact Morley and see what they say about replacing the feet too.  I have only needed to contact them once and they were very helpful.  At the very least you will be making them aware of the problem.

• Agree 1

Thanks - I have to admit I wasn't expecting any replies as this is so bizarre - but at least I now know I'm not going mad!

I do have another Morley controller which doesn't have this problem. Will try and clean and reapply myself.