AGW PE144 controller

drduncan

Dear all, 

I recently got hold of an AGW PE144 twin track controller. Does anyone have any info on how to connect the track feed? It looks like some sort of bayonet connection pushed into the back of the controller but I have no info on what type/size of male/bayonet connector is needed. Any advice very gratefully received.

Thanks

Duncan

• RMweb Premium

There is a review of the controller in Model Railway Constructor 1977 May, but it says nothing about how to connect to the track. Other than 2 sets of 12 Volts controlled & 16 V AC terminals.

• Thanks 1

I have an AGW handheld controller which look very similar. I believe they use Pulse Width Modulation for starting then pure DC. It works very well, and a motor that responds badly to feedback controllers runs very nicely with this.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

There’s one on eBay at the moment. Photos show sockets and connectors.  They look like the split pin plugs used on H&M for auxiliary outputs.  They’re not 4mm but I think they were larger than 2mm.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/195452677794?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=FX9aOB9KTQa&sssrc=2047675&ssuid=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Paul.

• Thanks 1

• 9 months later...

Hi Duncan

I can see this is an old post but if you are still looking for any info. I can tell you my PE 144 works very well. 

The sockets on the back are 1/8'' inch. I was lucky enough to have a box of 1/8'' copper rivets and these are a very good push fit. I just drilled through two rivets and soldered wires on.

I also have the AGW PE609 booster unit which runs my O gauge stock at 2 amps with 5 amps max.

John

• Informative/Useful 1

14 hours ago, john3855 said:

Hi Duncan

I can see this is an old post but if you are still looking for any info. I can tell you my PE 144 works very well. 

The sockets on the back are 1/8'' inch. I was lucky enough to have a box of 1/8'' copper rivets and these are a very good push fit. I just drilled through two rivets and soldered wires on.

I also have the AGW PE609 booster unit which runs my O gauge stock at 2 amps with 5 amps max.

John

Thanks. I found that 3mm banana plugs worked perfectly.

D