Warkworth Harbour ( a Blyth & Tyne might have been).

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, New Haven Neil said:

How on earth had I missed this thread, Ian!

Loving the Arches - such a part of my life.  And the Cliff Quay, of yours!  Preferred the James Rowan though.....

Yes, thanks for that, we had four steamers let when I joined Stevies, Cliff Quay, Willie Walker, James Rowan and the Sir John Snell, Cliff Quay being the oldest was my favourite. The layout will take a while to complete, there has been a surprising amount of work in the arches, also as it is in Amble, not SS I have to make some new rolling stock. I do like a challenge!

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
33 minutes ago, Ian Blenk said:

Yes, thanks for that, we had four steamers let when I joined Stevies, Cliff Quay, Willie Walker, James Rowan and the Sir John Snell, Cliff Quay being the oldest was my favourite. The layout will take a while to complete, there has been a surprising amount of work in the arches, also as it is in Amble, not SS I have to make some new rolling stock. I do like a challenge!

Have I ever asked you if you knew Don Proudlock, he was Chief on them?  A very good friend of mine, passed away last year.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, eventually got the right thread, it's an age thing. The original staiths were built for another project and weren't really working  on W.H. I thought they looked too over over powering rather than blending in with the model. I have cropped them down, so they are more representative of those at Amble. There is a lot of work to do!

DSC01354.JPG

• Like 12

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Not sure if you are aware by Mike Edge does do a fret of detailing bits to the 21T hopper

endof21ThopperexHorden.JPG.f0b805c67f864bba5c6d9b6008cf8d45.JPG

close ups are so cruel!
Baz

• Like 5