Warkworth Harbour ( a Blyth & Tyne might have been).

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/11/2022 at 12:53, Alcanman said:

Looks like an interesting little project.  Perhaps an imaginary extension of the Blyth & Tyne north from Ashington to Warkworth.

And Accurascale have just announced a NER 20 ton hopper.

65828 Ashington Colliery 1954 (2).jpg

Well, the B&T were going to build a line north thru' Ashington with a branch to Newbiggin. In the event the line got as fat as Ashington and the Newbiggin branch was built, however the NER had Amble sown up and also the NER takeover of the B&T was in the offing. The new 20 tonners look good, I have loads of Slater's, two of which I have motorised so they can run as if by gravity. I'm concentrating on the structures for W.H. first. There is still much work to do on the staiths!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Worsdell forever said:

That is going to be an impressive structure.

Hi Paul, It is going to take some time to complete, I'm still messing with the track plan. As it is likely to be my last layout, I want it to be just right!

Ian

Edited by ianblenk
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, ianblenk said:

Well, found this Grainge & Hodder baseboard kit in the attic, completely forgot about it. It'll do nicely for W.H. Alas no instructions.

IMG_0033.JPG

These are dead easy to build.
I have one and its a case of do one side to the base and then the centre supports and the other long side slots onto them, then the ends.

I used wood glue, and occasionally super glue and activator to get an instant bond.

Use clamps or weights and it'll come together as a nice board.

• Informative/Useful 1

1 hour ago, Oncomin5torm said:

These are dead easy to build.
I have one and its a case of do one side to the base and then the centre supports and the other long side slots onto them, then the ends.

I used wood glue, and occasionally super glue and activator to get an instant bond.

Use clamps or weights and it'll come together as a nice board.

Thanks for that, Going to start this evening, will post some snaps!

What a b****r. nowhere in the instructions does it say you need an extra pair of hands. I think I'll go back to building my own. This is too flimsy and tends to twist (Not in a Chubby Checker way)

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1