Modulus Control System - Pre-Ordering Is Now Open!

ScaleModelScenery

Afternoon all.

Apologies for the radio silence. It's been a bit nuts behind the scenes. Anyway... thanks for all the interest in the new Modulus Accessory Control System. It's currently slowly making its way through Safety, CE & UKCA testing, which is a long, slow and very tedious process...

So in the meantime, to enable us to get a better idea on numbers, we've opened up pre-orders. No deposits or payments are being taken at the moment. It's purely for us to gauge the level of demand for the various components. If you'd like to register your interest in a system, you can do so via the link below and lock in discount pricing between now and the 30th of November 2022! We'll then keep you up to date on its progress and firm up the shipping date for the first systems just as soon as we can.

Here's the link (It's a Google Form): https://forms.gle/NLBSUmtm59dh4S2Q8

If you're coming to Warley, you'll be able to see the system in action, both installed on a layout and in its component form.

Cheers

J

PRE-ORDER YOURS NOW!.png

• Like 4
  • Round of applause 1

2 hours ago, KeithMacdonald said:

Sounds very interesting! For those of us not able to get to Warley, have you an online version?

There are a couple of demo videos up on our YouTube channel. And if we get a minute I'll try and stream a bit live from Warley over the weekend.

https://www.youtube.com/c/ScaleModelScenerycouk/streams

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, ScaleModelScenery said:

There are a couple of demo videos up on our YouTube channel. And if we get a minute I'll try and stream a bit live from Warley over the weekend.

https://www.youtube.com/c/ScaleModelScenerycouk/streams

There seem to be sound problems. Very low volume and someone else talking in the background.

• RMweb Gold
18 hours ago, Joseph_Pestell said:

There seem to be sound problems. Very low volume and someone else talking in the background.

It's more or less sorted out a little later in the video, and is certainly fine by the second livestream. That's the trouble with livestreaming in what I believe is a very busy warehouse! They did the best they could in the circumstances, though.

On 11/11/2022 at 12:52, ScaleModelScenery said:

Anyway... thanks for all the interest in the new Modulus Accessory Control System. It's currently slowly making its way through Safety, CE & UKCA testing, which is a long, slow and very tedious process...

So in the meantime, to enable us to get a better idea on numbers, we've opened up pre-orders...

Firstly, well done on what looks to be a very solid and well thought through product. I'm completely new to animations (I've never even touched a servo!) but I have been planning some for my next layout, and have been wondering how I might achieve certain things. The Modulus system certainly seems to be a very capable solution, with a huge potential variety of uses. I also like how modular the set-up is, and that it is all based around one standard module; onto which peripheral modules are added to suit the use case. I now wish I had paid attention to @Stubby47's display at the RMweb SWAG event earlier in the year, although I have been quietly following his Warley Modulus build! Another thing is that Martin's passion for the project is clear to see, and I love all the little things that make it seem as though using it will be a good experience for the user - especially during set-up.

I am going to register an interest as soon as I am done typing here, and I look forward to seeing all your hard work come to fruition. I'm sad that Warley is too far to realistically travel for me, but I'm sure you'll get a few expressions of interest there - especially with Stu's demo layout on hand.

All the best,
Jamie

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
19 hours ago, Joseph_Pestell said:

Hi Joseph,

Was there anything specific you needed further clarification on?

Stu

• RMweb Gold

@SouthernRegionSteam

Thanks Jamie, that's a very positive endorsement of the system.

It should be reasonably easy to set up - if you can fit solenoid or slow-action point  motors, you can fit a servo.

The huge benefit is you don't need to worry about layout to control panel wiring, as there isn't any :)

• Like 1

I have ordered the starter set plus mimic panel set, relay kit, input kit and servo kit.

I have seen the system demo’d at the Cornwall Show a couple of weeks ago.  I am mightily impressed and can see that it will save loads of wiring and, for exhibition layouts, will mean that the wiring connections between baseboards will be really simple.

Andrew

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

It's looking like I might finally be getting my layout off the ground soon, which prompted me to think about Modulus again!
I realised that I hadn't heard anything more about it; so just wondering if there were any updates that I'd missed since the pre-order/expressions of interest phase?

In any case, I hope that development and testing is going smoothly, and that there may be more news in the not-too-distant future... 🤞

All the best,
Jamie

• 7 months later...
  • RMweb Gold
On 08/01/2024 at 02:53, Schooner said:

Any news, chaps?

I think a reply is unlikely.

According to scalemodelscenery profile they havnt visited the forum since October last year.

• Informative/Useful 1

1 hour ago, Pete Haitch said:

I rang SMS a few months ago and was told that the delay was due to the process of acquiring the new post Brexit UK equivalent to the  EU CE certification.

Pete.

One way to get around this is not to sell completed items but as kits for home assembly. May be get all the surface mount components fitted at the factory, leaving the end user to solder all the standard size pieces.

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Gents, sorry for the delay in replying. 

We've considered selling the items as 'kits', but due to the wi-fi element the system would still require CE certification. 

As such, the whole project is on hold.

I, for one, am gutted, because having built a couple of layouts using the prototype,  it is far easier to set up Isolation sections, point control and frog polarity switching and accessory control than anything I've seen or used before. 

• Friendly/supportive 4

Thanks for the update. We'd all rather it was better news, but it's good to have some information to aid planning decisions. I hope a way through can be found, but by your tone it seems this wouldn't be likely in the near future? Again for planning purposes - that 7mm micro isn't gonna animate itself, sadly!

• Thanks 1