Radley models

Lord of Narnia

Just seen the news.

Shocked....only had an email from him a few days ago. 

I do have an order in with him. Obviously other things are more important at the moment. 

Sad to lose Phil...Nice man.

Radley models serves a niche market and I hope, long term, the business can continue. I would certainly be interested in continuing it in some way. 

In the meantime condolences to his family and many modelling friends. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I had dealings with Phil going back to Harrow Model Shop (HMS) days and always found him very helpful and a pleasure to buy from. He kept London Underground modelling alive after the demise of HMS, but must have been disappointed to see EFE and Heljan cherrypick his range with the '38 &' 59 Tube stock and the MetroVic Bo-Bo models. 

I do hope that it is possible for someone to take over from him. 

My sincere condolences to his family. He will be greatly missed by all LT/LU modellers. 

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 14/02/2023 at 16:28, nberrington said:

Is there an update on what happened to Phil's kits? The website has gone down. Hopefully someone will pick them up?

Not yet, be patient - this sort of thing is a difficult process.

We're all saving up to make purchases when things are back up & running.

Kind Regards,

Gary

You can still purchase the N gauge Parkwood resin bodies from this eBay seller, but as others have pointed out it may well be a while before other stuff is available again. Hopefully someone will be willing to take on the business as Phil filled a very important niche for many of us.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?item=175629332949&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.m3561.l2562&_ssn=woodpark88

Edited by The Western Master
  • Like 1

I saw those and was sorely tempted to try something in N.

I've been collecting Farish Mark I's to put ElectraRail vinyls on for a Southern Electric/London Underground layout but not got very far yet!
The MET Bo-Bo looks great, but getting Dreadnoughts to match might be difficult.

Kind Regards,
Gary

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/03/2023 at 09:35, Matloughe said:

The MET Bo-Bo looks great, but getting Dreadnoughts to match might be difficult.

Kind Regards,
Gary

Shapeways Marketplace should help Search "Dreadnought".

Edited by ianmianmianm
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

The May 2023 edition of 'Underground News' (the magazine of the London Underground Railway Society) includes a modelling update which talks about forthcoming new models of London Transport (and Metropolitan Railway) trains - including the possibility of another model train manufacturer introducing some London Underground trains - and also provides updated information regarding the model trains which were sold by the late Phil Radley.

The O gauge trains that Phil marketed were actually produced by someone else. It is not explicitly stated whether or how these will be marketed in the future.

At least some of the OO range is likely to become available again, but everything is taking time because Phil's estate is still in probate.

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

• 8 months later...
7 hours ago, zephyrman said:

Hi, Is there any more news on the Radley Models kits. Looking for a 4 car set of Standard stock.

Thanks

Likewise- who'd have thought I'm getting nostalgic about Met A stock.  Bouncing on the fasts from Amersham to Baker St. 

The prospect of running one alongside Red Panniers, the delicious Radley 30t GP wagons and doing something loosely based on the tip workings is immense.

That Rapido Met E class looks lovely too. Dad liked L44 but preferred the Met F Class.  He said L52 was a bloody good engine - but rhapsodised about the Panniers. Said they'd pull anything.  

Admiring the work and skills of many on here.  Rather like Mantles Wood.

All the best 

Matt Wood

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...