Transfers/ decals for twin tank oil tanker

I am just about finishing one of the Wills Finecast "APOC" whitemetal wagons and am just adding holding down straps, that are not included in the kit.  So far I have made a tolerable job, but I am having difficulty in sourcing appropriate transfer (total failure actually).  Ideally I want waterslide, not rub on types as I will need to adjust the positions when adding them. 

Any/all suggestions will be gratefully received.  

If you have a waterslide transfer sheet with enough blank margin (or better still are blessed with a blank sheet) it is possible to apply rubdowns to this, varnish them, cut out and apply as waterslide. I've had to do it a couple of times recently where I couldn't get rubdown sheets into awkward corners.

Hi…..I can thoroughly recommend Black Square Decals for any related railway transfers, they are waterslide….just send Ian any pictures, sizes and colour you require and he is super quick and not an arm and a leg cost….I have used him many times and he always delivers……..dave brighty…..

22 hours ago, CEINEWYDD said:

I am just about finishing one of the Wills Finecast "APOC" whitemetal wagons and am just adding holding down straps, that are not included in the kit.  So far I have made a tolerable job, but I am having difficulty in sourcing appropriate transfer (total failure actually).  Ideally I want waterslide, not rub on types as I will need to adjust the positions when adding them. 

Any/all suggestions will be gratefully received.  

• Like 1

.. and don't over look that the barrel is made from single plate of steel rivetted after rolling. I haven't seen this kit in 50 years so hopefully has been improved but it used to look like the top was dropped on and rivetted on both sides of the filler. Each barrel is identical therefore the riveted lap joint is handed. https://PaulBartlett.zenfolio.com/apoctwin/e39fbcd93

Paul

Oooer.  There's a whole world of detail on these that is not included in the kit, and certainly has not been added by me!!  Looks like there are tie bars between the tank supports, never mind the rivets on the ends of the tank barrels. Also the top mounted valve operating gear bears very little resemblance to the casting in the kit......See what you mean by the kit being 50 years old.

Oh and thanks to the other posters about the transfers.  

Edited by CEINEWYDD
More information.

On 20/11/2022 at 20:55, Brighty1674 said:

Hi…..I can thoroughly recommend Black Square Decals for any related railway transfers, they are waterslide….just send Ian any pictures, sizes and colour you require and he is super quick and not an arm and a leg cost….I have used him many times and he always delivers……..dave brighty…..

Funny you should mention Black Square Decals, I gave them a mention in my post just last night 'A Right Pair of Limbys!' - the Johnson's Klear applied to the Class 47 came from there, just a couple of months ago. I had been trying to find some 'Gulf' logos which didn't involve buying a huge sheet for a tenner, BSD can supply them in 8mm and 10mm (in 6s) and 15mm (in 4s) for £2 per sheet. 8mm is just what I needed. They also do 'BP' (new and old), 'Shell' (new and old), 'Esso' and a few others in these sizes, very useful if you have just a few tank wagons to decorate. When I found they also listed US-formula Klear in 30ml bottles I ordered a couple to see what all the fuss was about! It has certainly put a shine on 'IKB', very quickly and way superior to anything achievable with the usual gloss varnish - it really is almost magical! 

I haven't got around to applying the 'Gulf' decals yet, they're on the workbench with the recipient now the Limbys are finished but Christmas may get in the way. However they look great and I'm looking forward to getting them applied.

Well, here's a thing.... I finally checked in my cupboard of doom, and in there (amongst other very unexpected things) was a Pow sides rub on transfer for .........A P O C.   Unexpected items include about a dozen Peco OO gauge wagon underframe kits, and even more Peco buffer stops.  God knows why for both items!  Any way I shall have a quick look at Black square Decals.  Many thanks one and all.