Class 50, By Accurascale

1 hour ago, McC said:

We showed off a partly assembled in refurbished body at Ally Pally earlier this year along with a selection of other bodies and parts

OO wheels are 12.83mm, P4 wheels are 14.33mm and come with adjustable ride height mount

Music to my ears!

Looks just right especially the face and slight curvature  below the screens… the level of additional detail with the etching is definitely a big wakey wakey call to the big red and blue corners.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

50050/D400 (even though not announced as yet), is high up on my list. Either in Large Logo or as she was at the end of the Class 50's in BR ownership. Looks like I may have to part with my 16 Hornby Vacs, and replace with these beauties!!

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

10 hours ago, D86 said:

Looks like I may have to part with my 16 Hornby Vacs, and replace with these beauties!!

Partly because you know that once you have taken ownership of an Accurascale 50, you won't want to bother with your Hornby ones.   

3 hours ago, Rich Papper said:

I’d love D400 too. Is it just me or is this sample missing the cab front handrails…

Didn't it not have the handrails anyway as first of the class ?

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

50050 has the upper-front handrails missing, as per the model pics on the previous page.

50006 had the oddly positioned upper-front handrail, as per the CAD on the previous page.

50033 had the lower-front handrails missing at one end for a large part of it's career.

Not sure if I'm remembering this correctly, but I seem to think D401 had handrails missing very early in its life ?

Cheers,

Phil.

• Informative/Useful 1

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, PieGuyRob said:

What's your YouTube channel called?

Search for either Transport & Simulation Hub or BritishRail60062 as I kept the latter common on most social media to make it easier for people to find me mate. As to keep on topic. I am getting an NSE and a BR Large Logo model. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BritishRail60062 said:

Search for either Transport & Simulation Hub or BritishRail60062 as I kept the latter common on most social media to make it easier for people to find me mate. As to keep on topic. I am getting an NSE and a BR Large Logo model. 

Will look you up and subscribe.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BritishRail60062 said:

I find it interesting that a revised NSE example has not been announced yet. Knowing Accurascale, this won't be an omission for long.

Revised NSE was also applied with dark blue & the less common light blue. Lima & Hornby only produced the dark blue version.

Edited by Pete the Elaner
spelling

1 hour ago, Pete the Elaner said:

I find it interesting that a revised NSE example has not been announced yet. Knowing Accurascale, this won't be an omission for long.

Revised NSE was also applied with dark blue & the less common light blue. Lima & Hornby only produced the dark blue version.

Hornby produced 50027 in the light blue, revised livery

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, Pete the Elaner said:

From the heart. I wouldn't be surprised to see a refurbished Class 50 variant to come in the future but I like the NSE "Toothpaste" version of the livery (the one with upward swoops) as well as the large logo. Another gem that is probably going to shake the ground metaphorically speaking and some new Mk2's coming as well. We will have a nice consist to make here 😉. Time for me to sell some N scale and make some room. I am so doing a review of one of these monsters.

15 hours ago, PieGuyRob said:

Will look you up and subscribe.

I appreciate it mate. 

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
42 minutes ago, Rugd1022 said:

I wonder who will be the first one here to weather their new 50...? This is an older Hornby one I did, I won't be able to resist doing the same with the Accurascale version...

MODVACmod50008gd.jpg.04fd712dc22f8b68f6f7bf915a5bdf53.jpg

Looking forward to seeing the finished model, and then some 😉

No crest? I preferred the original round one myself.

Also agree that the original LL is best - definitely spoilt by the orange cantrail stripe.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, brushman47544 said:

No crest? I preferred the original round one myself.

Also agree that the original LL is best - definitely spoilt by the orange cantrail stripe.

If you look closely it's actually wearing a 'Revenge' nameplate, I was half way through changing it from 50 020 to 50 008 when I took the pic in the sunshine...!

• Like 1

This came into my Facebook feed today 

https://www.facebook.com/AccurascaleUK/posts/pfbid028cvkkKwV4Mcs5hmACggqx7RchC8rLoVJofqXxkBznsDzBgajyVg7A2hVCwBiknnXl

What a lovely model this is! 😉

EDIT: Sorry Facebook won't let me embed this post into this post on here :(. 

Edited by BritishRail60062
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Rugd1022 said:

For those of a certain persuasion, here's a Jim Payne shot of 401 newly arrived on the Western Region in '73, most likely on an Old Oak crew training turn to Bristol and back...

scan0839.jpg.1c27ea082c95075a25b3c102e4a28b70.jpg

And what looks like a dark MU box on the front (not a orange one)

What a cracking pic.

• Like 2