Scaleforum 2023: 23-24 September

Flymo749

I'm pleased to announce that at the most recent Committee meeting it was decided Scaleforum 2023 is go!

With our traditional dates of the last weekend in September, Scaleforum will be on Saturday 23 and Sunday 24 September 2023.  

Same venue, same fantastic finescale modelling.  We had such good feedback* about the modern, light and airy facilities for the show this year that we are delighted to be back at Cressex School, High Wycombe for 2023.

And with the same caterers, and their now famous "bottomless mug of tea", and delicious cakes.

IMG_5996.JPG.c4d7439ce077d6291030127850c173f4.JPG

Details of all the attractions will be posted as they are confirmed.  See you there!

Best wishes,
Paul Willis
Scalefour Publicity

Edited by Flymo749
Correct title
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

• Flymo749 changed the title to Scaleforum 2023 - dates for your diary
On 24/11/2022 at 19:47, Flymo749 said:

I'm pleased to announce that at the most recent Committee meeting it was decided Scaleforum 2023 is go!

With our traditional dates of the last weekend in September, Scaleforum will be on Saturday 23 and Sunday 24 September 2023.  

Same venue, same fantastic finescale modelling.  We had such good feedback* about the modern, light and airy facilities for the show this year that we are delighted to be back at Cressex School, High Wycombe for 2023.

And with the same caterers, and their now famous "bottomless mug of tea", and delicious cakes.

IMG_5996.JPG.c4d7439ce077d6291030127850c173f4.JPG

Details of all the attractions will be posted as they are confirmed.  See you there!

Best wishes,
Paul Willis
Scalefour Publicity

Two of the Boston Frodsham team caught going for another tea refill. 

Rob 

• 5 months later...

The planning for Scaleforum 2023 is well advanced...

The layout list is finalised, and the list of demonstrations and traders is being compiled.   We'll be bringing more details of those nearer the date, along with tasters of many of the exceptional finescale layouts that will be on show for the weekend.

As the first "reveal", here's a shot of of a prize-winning layout that will be present.  It's of "Sandford and Banwell", an exquisite slice of GWR 1930s modelling based on a prototype on the sadly lost Strawberry Line in Somerset.

Hope to see you at the exhibition to join us in admiring it!   More details of the show are on the Shows page at www.scalefour.org

Scaleforum2014314.JPG.9fa6a07831d33e2fa2d731ca573aed98.JPG

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Flymo749 said:

The planning for Scaleforum 2023 is well advanced...

The layout list is finalised, and the list of demonstrations and traders is being compiled.   We'll be bringing more details of those nearer the date, along with tasters of many of the exceptional finescale layouts that will be on show for the weekend.

As the first "reveal", here's a shot of of a prize-winning layout that will be present.  It's of "Sandford and Banwell", an exquisite slice of GWR 1930s modelling based on a prototype on the sadly lost Strawberry Line in Somerset.

Hope to see you at the exhibition to join us in admiring it!   More details of the show are on the Shows page at www.scalefour.org

Scaleforum2014314.JPG.9fa6a07831d33e2fa2d731ca573aed98.JPG

are you sending traders any flyers for the show

On 11/05/2023 at 23:31, mozzer models said:

are you sending traders any flyers for the show

Production of flyers is in hand, now that the layout line-up is finalised  :-)

Hope to see you, and many more there in September.

Best wishes,

Paul

• 1 month later...
  • Flymo749 changed the title to Scaleforum 2023: 23-24 September
  • RMweb Premium

There isn't a direct service from the station but Arriva service 32 will take you there.  It picks up in the High Street which is down the hill from the station and turn right.  It runs to Booker where it makes a loop using the Asda store as a nominal terminal but Booker Turnpike Corner is the nearest point, about a 1/4 mile walk.  After alighting, take the westwards part of Cressex Road from the roundabout and you will see the road into the school on the left after the Community Centre.  Good news is that coming back it stops in Cressex Road just before the roundabout so slightly less far to walk!

It runs every 20 minutes on Saturday but on Sunday you will need to walk to the Bus Station (quite a hike!) and get the 32A from there.

• 1 month later...

I'm really looking forward to this event.  There are some great layouts this year.

I will be demonstrating 'Starting in P4', so if you are looking to get into finescale railway modelling and would like to pop along and chat with a non-expert to get a feel for what is involved do pop along and say hi.

I've quite a bit of stuff which might interest the potential finescale modeller on my YouTube channel @BexhillWest.  So, if you've seen anything on there specifically which is of interest and you'd like to discuss, let me know and I can bring it along for critique.  :)

All the best,

James

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Promises to be another excellent show. A super venue with excellent catering. great layouts and demonstrators plus a great selection of 4mm kits and bits supplier - do not resist the temptation.

One word of warning though, although there is a large car park on site, on Saturday morning it may have a lot of cars of parents taking there cherished offspring to play football on the school field. Parking over the rest of the weekend last year was okay.

• Informative/Useful 2

Scaleforum 2023 takes place in a fortnight's time on Saturday & Sunday 23rd & 24th September at Cressex Community School, Holmers Lane, High Wycombe. HP12 4QA
A great show good show has been put together with a good mix of layout/traders/demonstrators/lectures and the showcase, in fact, there is something for everyone. The complete show guide is attached for you to peruse and in this month's BRM there is an article on Wheal Elizabeth which will be on display at the show.
Advance tickets are available here:  www.scalefour.org/scaleforum/tickets.html

Attachments:  Guide_Scaleforum2023.pdf

• Thanks 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

Scaleforum is now looming large with only 10 days until the doors open in High Wycombe.

The Show will feature 12 layouts as detailed above, a mix of traders, demonstrations and a return of the lectures.   More details on www.scalefour.org.

As well as the variety of P4 layouts we are pleased to welcome An Clar and Tucking Mill/William Smiths Wharf in 2mm Finescale.

The highlight for many may well be the exhibition debut of Iain Rice’s home layout “Cade’s Green” which is now in the care of some of Iain’s friend who have been sympathetically updating the layout for exhibition.

We look forward to welcoming you at the Show.

Jeremy

And for those of you who want a sneak preview of one of the layouts at the show I am pleased that Wheal Elizabeth, my P4 model of a Cornish China clay branch, is featured in this months issue of BRM (along with video on the CD/E-magazines). I’ll be happy to talk to anyone about the layout at the show…

See you in High Wycombe!!

Jeremy

Edited by jbg
  • Like 3

Of course it's not just the layouts which will provide inspiration at Scaleforum.  There are fantastic lectures too, a master class in Painting & Lining with Geoff Haynes, and 3d printing with David Burnett.   Plus interesting demonstrations and trade support - the very best in finescale modelling!

And, as if that wasn't enough, there will be a public outing of the innovative Templot Plug Track system, with the opportunity to learn what it is all about.

Hope to see you there.  😀

IMG_2652.jpg.906302ae45230e0cecfb7788eb8b2d84.jpg

• Like 4