Scaleforum 2023: 23-24 September

Flymo749

3 hours ago, Mike_Walker said:

Do you accept cards for admission or is it cash only?

Mike,

I am sure that the S4Society can take cards for admission, although I can't find a reference in the guide. It does state that card payments are available on the Bring and Buy stand, so they do have the capability.

Jol

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

I popped in today - bumped into lots of modelling acquaintances, found a few bargains, got a fair few questions answered and took a few phone photos - once again not really sorted or labelled yet but here if you want them...it was good to see Ian Rice's Cades Green in action...click on the photo for the album..a splendid day out - my thanks to all responsible.

Chris H

Scaleforum 2023

Edited by Gilbert
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 7

• RMweb Premium

Some very, very fine modelling there.  Sadly I couldn't attend - Just a pity I live so far away (actually, no, re-phrase that: Just a pity that Scaleforum isn't nearer to where I live!)

DT

• RMweb Gold

First time at the show for me but know the venue as have exhibited there when it was Wycrail - easy to get to from London and no problem parking.

Fabulous selection of layouts with high quality modelling. Nice to have chats with various people I bumped in to.

Many thanks to all those who organised the show. Look forward to the next one, even though I model in 2FS and 7mm!

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
15 hours ago, sharris said:

Some fine modelling on show, and as a bonus I must have lost about 1kg on the walk there and back from the station.

They should do a Scaleforum every weekend - it would beat going to the gym.

That's what I call "keen" or should it be masochist?

Agreed, an excellent selection of layouts and I consider myself fortunate to have it almost on my doorstep.

As Marc mentions we have announced the Scalefour Society Jubilee Layout Challenge for new layouts to P4/P87 standards and a scenic footprint of 18.83sq ft. The Challenge will culminate at Scaleforum 2026, which falls in the Society’s 50th anniversary year.

The Challenge will be open to both members and non-members if the Scalefour Society. A perfect opportunity for anyone thinking about P4 standards to have a go especially with the availability of British Finescale turnout kits to get you started. 

Details will appear here once Mr Tatlow has recovered from Scaleforum and getting stuck on the M25 for an hour and half after the show yesterday!

Jeremy 

• Like 1

As Jeremy has noted, this weekend's Scaleforum saw the launch of the Scalefour Society's Jubilee Challenge.  

There is now a section on RMweb dedicated to the challenge which can be found here with the the rules in particular are here and how to enter here

There are also similar threads on the Scalefour forum

We would welcome entries from both society members and non-members.