Railway & Modelling Obituaries

Ceptic aka Frank Robertson

Gary Robertson

• Moderators

I am very sorry to hear of your loss Gary. I don't know that I ever met your father but he was a character on here for many years and I enjoyed his Bournemouth postings.

RIP.

• Agree 5
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Gary, condolences to your family and yes his contributions were always interesting and much valued. Nice to see a railway connection continues in the family. 
His contribution towards this superb layout and search for info on the details of the box are recorded in the thread in here somewhere. 

Bournemouth West at B&Wshowground 2022

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Frank was very well known as a regular visitor to the home base of the B'm'th

West layout at the Model Railways Solutions shop, and sadly his worsening

health problems were mentioned when the modelling group met last week.

Very sad news indeed to hear of Frank's passing and I am sure Roger will be

acknowledging the diligent work that 'Ceptic' contributed to the project.

Condolences to all family and friends.

Chris Knight

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium

So very very sad to hear the news of Frank’s death. 
Many will know that Frank was instrumental in getting Bournemouth West off the ground. He managed to get the original group of us together with Peter Smith (ex S&D fireman) and others at the local library to discuss how we could go about building the layout. On the day he arrived with armfuls of track plans and the like. His knowledge of the railway around Bournemouth was legendary. If he didn’t know the answer, and he usually did, then he’d know who to ask.

He provided hundreds of pictures for us to work from but he really came into his own when we needed scale drawings for the buildings which he managed to do using Sketchup.

It is fair to say that without his help the Bournemouth West layout would never have become the great success it has.

Thank you for all your help Frank. I would say rest in peace but knowing him as I did, he’s probably hard at work on some great railway ideas in the sky.

Roger S

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 6