China Clay tanks - TTA / TUA

The Fatadder

• RMweb Gold

Having drawn and produced 3d printed models of the TT072F ex acetone TTAs for china clay slurry use, (along with the Rainbow TU013A) I would like to model a couple more variants of these slurry tanks to add a bit of extra interest.  In particular I would like to model one of the TT072G tanks (also ex acetone) which had a much larger barrel diameter diameter than the two designs I already have).  I would also like to model a TT072D which had a smaller diameter barrel. 

I have had a look through the book of drawings on the Barrowmore website but I cant find any suitable drawings there (I can only see the TT072A) 

This thread (which has been archived) included a post by @Flood with an image (naturally lost during the server crash)  below a caption referencing TT072D, was this a drawing?  Would love to see a copy if anyone has it saved.   I would also love to find a source of a drawing of the TT072G tanks if one exists.

ABC70DFA-071C-4CE0-B230-613D2F47F2A2.jpeg.6a28d0e767d2bba1ee3b694e301f0380.jpeg

Thanks 

R

• RMweb Gold
16 minutes ago, Flood said:

Here are the two diagrams:

I did get them from the Barrowmore site, the document you want is

BRB Vehicle Diagram Book No. 300 - Part 3 http://www.barrowmoremrg.co.uk/BRBDocuments/Book300Part3Dugdale01.gif

Thanks for that, cant quite understand how I managed to miss that as I am sure I looked at that document...

The TT072G clearly has undergone major changes since that drawing was valid, as it doesnt appear to have the conical ends.  However I think between the key dimensions from the drawing (barrel diameter in particular), along with taking estimates from photos I will be able to get it where it needs to be.  

All being well I should get the drawing sorted out over Christmas...

13 minutes ago, Wickham Green too said:

Those are totally outside my modelling timescale - but they're lovely models ..... are you making the prints available for others ?

Thanks, I am very pleased with just how well they have come out.

I have looked into making parts available.  Unfortunately I find home production is a little too time consuming, although I am tempted to upload everything onto Shapeways to at least offer one route to market for them. 

• Thanks 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold

Lots of progress on this, with a design pretty much there for the TT072G

52588958326_088968f758_b.jpgUntitled by The Fatadder, on Flickr

52588958331_5f68038d13_b.jpgUntitled by The Fatadder, on Flickr

52588478147_6047c6e381_b.jpgUntitled by The Fatadder, on Flickr

There were big differences between the tanks in the late 90s and the barrowmore drawing so its taken a lot of working from photos to get to the end result.  This is what it will end up like 

https://flickr.com/photos/tutenkhamunsleeping/5263382692/

Going to draw the TT072A this evening, and print them both in the new year, all being well they will be in service by the time of Wheal Imogens first show of the year in April.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

image.png.23d7b98573520040d2c66f6680dd6b96.pngimage.png.b337f12f5edd2f25182fc637a9c1c5d6.png

And here is the TT072D, this time shown on the subframe that needs cutting off before mounting on the chassis (I found on the TT072F design that it was tricky to keep the floor flat when printing which was resolved by adding this sub frame). 

All ready to start printing once I get home from Christmas, will be able to print one G and one D at the same time which helps.  

• Like 2

• 1 year later...