Modern Farm tractors 1/72

locomad2

Always on the lookout for 1/72 -76 scale road vehicles especially cheapo ones came across these recently in the local supermarket toy bin20221230_151744.jpg.b3d7b419b7e81126944123fbc050489f.jpg

It's about 1/76 cab comes off so probably fit glass all round in cab. Otherwise quite good detail and mouldings 

See a lot of these on the roads and though towns as farmers now tend fields miles away from home farms, also sold in £1 shops (for £2now)  plus seen a lot in amusement arcade prize shops etc

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ianmacc said:

Siku is actually a premium toy brand so that’s a good price. 

So it seams, got round to checking out website and found similar at 8.99 euros in 1/87 scale

Reminds me much of the "Kentoys" brand of modern trucks then in 1/76 sold about 25 years ago for £1 in £1 shops. Mostly American but some European trucks often seen on layouts even now.

15 hours ago, locomad2 said:

So it seams, got round to checking out website and found similar at 8.99 euros in 1/87 scale

Reminds me much of the "Kentoys" brand of modern trucks then in 1/76 sold about 25 years ago for £1 in £1 shops. Mostly American but some European trucks often seen on layouts even now.

Back as a child I collected Diecast cars of the matchbox and hot wheels etc size and I regarded Siku as an exotic luxury only available in posh toy shops! Always at a slight premium…

These siku models are well worth checking out they are 1.87 scale their seems to be 2 levels of detailing a lot of the tractors have glazeing i have some john deere examples and they are superb,some of the cheaper examples dont have glazeing ,for british layouts they did or might still produce a JCB fast trac !i hope this information is of some use!

On 07/01/2023 at 20:02, Clive martin said:

These siku models are well worth checking out they are 1.87 scale their seems to be 2 levels of detailing a lot of the tractors have glazeing i have some john deere examples and they are superb,some of the cheaper examples dont have glazeing ,for british layouts they did or might still produce a JCB fast trac !i hope this information is of some use!

They do a rather impressive 1/87 scale tower crane! I wish I had a valid use for it! 

The Siku range includes many very impressive models in their own right.  The other great facet of the brand is that you can look at it up close in many of the surviving traditional toy shops, and retailers who carry certain more upmarket toy brands alongside other core goods.  Mention of the 1:87 tower crane reminded me that this particular item caught my eye in Cowgill's of Clitheroe a few weeks ago, which is ostensibly a high quality greetings card shop.  The range is very attractively marketed, and the tractors especially interesting, recalling the Britains range of agricultural models, but rather better quality.

(I imagine that places like Clitheroe with a rural hinterland favour such toys and models in a way that cities possibly don't.)

• 3 weeks later...