Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

Rubbish garden train

Damo666

• RMweb Premium
17 minutes ago, melmerby said:

Just need to train the bin men to put the empty bins on the trolley. 👍

You must be joking🙁

I think our guys would be up for that.  They’re pretty good.   Trouble is my drive is firstly downhill, then steeply up hill and on a curve. I’d definitely need a rack system.   I’ll keep dreaming.

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Martino said:

I think our guys would be up for that.  They’re pretty good.   Trouble is my drive is firstly downhill, then steeply up hill and on a curve. I’d definitely need a rack system.   I’ll keep dreaming.

We actually just have one bin at a time, so a system like that would be overkill.

All recycling  (Glass, metal, various plastics, paper, cardboard etc) goes in one bin and is sorted automatically by an optical scanning system at the depot. Metals are separated by magnetism into ferrous & Non ferrous

Very little manual sorting involved.

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

I love (and probably share!) the logic of the home engineer.

What he meant to say was not that brick-paving the area would be time consuming, but that spending more time (and probably money) on a mechanical solution is much more enjoyable!

Steven B.