Nu-Cast Sentinel Steam Railcars x 2

17 hours ago, micklner said:

Missed the photos!.

How do you attach the bogie  to a  body ? . There was a nut in the other photos, which I now presume is underneath in the latest photos. The gears and worm look tiny , long lasting ?.

The fixing is similar to a tenshodo. It's not fitted to the mock up in the last photos. The nut is soldered to the half etched hexagon and the pivot and rubbing plates are soldered over the nut. The height can be adjusted by using more or less of the rubbing plates. The worm and gear are small, but they seem to work ok. The only issue is the gear comes with a 1mm bore, so I need to either drill them out or mount them on 1mm rod with 2mm tube either side, I'll put some pictures of this up soon.

Dsc_0355.jpg.703dc125df11cff2f8d434d2d46c73e2.jpg

Edited by 34016
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, I've fitted the motor bogie into an old lima GWR railcar for testing and I'm pleased with the results. I've taken a couple of videos showing the somewhat limited running of my test track.

• Like 4
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• 3 weeks later...

Definitely liking this power unit, @34016 . Very nice indeed.

I have a (poorly built) Nucast railmotor, an eBay rescue, to fettle at some point; like many others, I'm wary of using underpowered motor bogies.

Mark

• Like 1
  • Agree 1