Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Bachmann Collectors Club Spring 2023 - Auto-ballasters

AY Mod

3 hours ago, norfolkchinaclay said:

Logic would suggest that they should be produced at a ratio of at least 4-1 surely..

A mixture, probably 2-3:1 to accommodate both the 1:1 buyers and the 4:1 buyers.

1 hour ago, Phil Parker said:

Not by the £200 per wagon I suspect most people want.

Per pack I presume? If so, I completely agree.

• Like 1

£475 for a 5 wagon rake is a fair bit but they do look really good and not far off what the standard release sets sell for now. Dont think any of the other manufacturers will be doing them so definetly a captive market. Website is down which is the onmy thing stopping me just now.

Anyway could be worse, you could have just finished off modifying 37099 to 37175 just for them to release it today :rolleyes:

• Like 1

20 hours ago, toby_tl10 said:

Does anyone have information of the year and price of the previous release or first release?

Just out of curiosity, would it be possible to lower the average cost by producing more of the wagons and making them into 5-wagon packs?

December 2010  £22.50

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 1

My full set arrived a day or two ago and just had chance to unbox and have a proper look - excellent looking wagons and a nice addition / bit of variety alongside a rake in Railtrack livery from the earlier run. Definitely in the higher price bracket but a 'must have' for the new layout I'm commencing work on and one of my favourite modern engineering wagons too.

Some in all-over yellow with NR logos would be a welcome addition in the future!

380627 at Ipswich Yard

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/02/2023 at 21:29, JonK said:

.....Some in all-over yellow with NR logos would be a welcome addition in the future!

380627 at Ipswich Yard

Those are the later HQA build.

Different bogies, smoother looking sole bar and no buffers except on the outer wagons.

It might possibly require a re-tool to cater for the differences?

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1