Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

Compensation from Royal Mail

polybear

• RMweb Premium
  • RMweb Gold

I wonder what exactly Royal Mail consider proof of value, surely a receipt of payment and a completed ebay sale would be sufficient (but in one of the cases listed in the linked article that appears not to be the case.)

I have recently started taking advantage of the 48h parcels rates from RM which offer insurance up to £100 at about half the price of Special Delivery which I used to use (thus making the overall price of the sale more attractive.) 

I am more than a little concerned that this insurance is not worth the paper its printed on....

I wonder if any of the other companies are more reliable in that sense... 

2 hours ago, The Fatadder said:

I wonder what exactly Royal Mail consider proof of value, surely a receipt of payment and a completed ebay sale would be sufficient (but in one of the cases listed in the linked article that appears not to be the case.)

I have recently started taking advantage of the 48h parcels rates from RM which offer insurance up to £100 at about half the price of Special Delivery which I used to use (thus making the overall price of the sale more attractive.) 

I am more than a little concerned that this insurance is not worth the paper its printed on....

I wonder if any of the other companies are more reliable in that sense... 

You could use Hermes, now trading as Evri, and try getting compensation out of them - almost everything is outside the scope of their compensation rules.

6 hours ago, polybear said:

I currently stick lots of penny and twopenny stamps on my ebay parcels as that's what they sent me when I traded in my non bar-coded ones, though I did get some larger denominations up to about 20p.

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Michael Hodgson said:

I currently stick lots of penny and twopenny stamps on my ebay parcels as that's what they sent me when I traded in my non bar-coded ones, though I did get some larger denominations up to about 20p.

We were sent first class barcoded stamps to the value of the non barcoded assortment  we sent. We were quite happy.  

• Agree 1