The Replica MLV (RTR Version...)

John M Upton

• RMweb Premium

Hello

One of those proverbial ongoing 'due here soon' RTR models that seems to have been imminent for decades as been Replica's MLV.

Now I know that parts of it, body shells etc are available now from Replica/Railwayana but the fully assembled RTR version seems to have been lost down the back of the proverbial sofa since time immemorial.

I have seen them at shows (and the body shells do look very nice) but I would rather have a RTR version and as they don't have a website or e-mail and only see them at shows once in a blue moon, I was wondering if anyone has heard what is going on with these?

The last release date I had for the RTR version of the MLV was for Ally Pally, three years ago!!

You would have thought with the 4-CEP around, they would have falling over themselves to get these released as they are perfect to run with them.

Reminds me of when Replica used to make Mk1 coaches, what happened to them?

I managed to track them down last year for some transfers but it did not

sound like they did much apart from swap meets etc.

and no website.....

Keith

I remember when I first emailed them about it years ago and and they said it would be available at the start of 2007, but it's taken them so long to get it to market that I've changed scale and so I don't even have a use for one anymore. :rolleyes:

This email address used to work the last time I contacted them ReplicaRailways@aol.com

Replica had all the bits at Railex again, no idea what is holding up the complete units though.

They did have painted bodyshells for the mk1 suburbans this year though compared to last year when I just bought unpainted ones. There was a hefty price increase for that though.

I understand the motored chassis has been the delaying factor. I assume it is still being worked on as no motor parts have been on sale so far. They were trying to get the chassis as good as possible, and there were smooth running issues to start with.

I look forward to the cmpleted RTR version.

Cheers.

I have no idea about the Replica ones, but did you know Silver Fox do them? (5th/6th items down after the 74s and 71s)

Couldn't find anything on the official site tho ...does anyone else know owt???

The Silverfox ones are DC Kits models built RTR along with the DC Kits Class 71 & Class 74.

The Replica one has hit problems with the motor unit. Charlie P

Archived