Z21 Starter, speed on app

clayton4115

Hi 

I like to idea of seeing the speed on the app on the top right hand side, however on the loco I tested it looks like the speed on the app is inaccurate as it said I was doing 40km/h however the loco looked like it was doing close to 100 km/h is there anyway to match the speed on the app to a more accurate prototypical speed - I just rang as a light loco for the experiment.

Thanks

Clayton

Screenshot_20230214-200644.png

Maybe I am doing it wrong but I set a maximum speed for the loco in the app. and then play with CVs 5&6 so the loco runs at a speed which looks in line with the speed shown in the app. Works for me!

3 hours ago, WIMorrison said:

You need to time the loco over a set distance for a number of speed steps and enter that into the app to get the speed to display correctly.

Hi Iain,

Are you sure about that? The traction setting for locos in the app doesn't care what "set distance" is used as long as it's consistent between locos, it's just there for double heading.

So there's no way for the app to calculate the loco speed from the traction setting.

Regards,

John P

John

I accept it is an awfully long time ago that I used this function (I would say at least 5 years) and memory has clearly failed me as I was sure that you set the max speed in the app as well as the the timings for different speed steps - not often I am right these days, and it appears I am wrong again!