Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

Best day for one day exhibitions

Which day is your preferred day for an exhibition?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Which day is your preferred day for an exhibition?

• Saturday
    • Sunday

• RMweb Gold
59 minutes ago, PMP said:

From local van hire companies. The big nationals aren’t as flexible, and not always the best priced. It’s worth checking removal/haulage companies too, as some of those do weekend hires.

Ah, of course. The decent local firm here got bought out by one of the nationals a few years ago...

• RMweb Gold
On 06/03/2023 at 17:38, woodenhead said:

How might the 15 minute city initiative affect attendance on each day, or would it make no difference?

Well, if the council can arrange for a Model Railway Exhibition to be held within 15 minutes walking distance, I'd appreciate it. 

• Round of applause 1

If the show has to be on one day only, then Saturday for me, thanks to the far better public transport available. 

(I am lucky in that my nearest big show, Glasgow, is over not one, or even two, but three days! Which allows to me visit one day for spending, and another for viewing, without having to brave Sunday trains.....)

I know we are very much in the minority these days but I was talking to two volunteers yesterday at the railway I volunteer at and all three of us have regular church committments on Sunday mornings. That plus the total lack of public transport in our area on Sundays mean Saturday tends to be the only option. Thus I am very much looking forward to the Bury St Edmunds MRC show next weekend.

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2