Humbrol 3d printer any good?

Hi I know nothing at all about 3D printers I've never owned one or used one. I've never done a cad drawing. 

I have seen a 3d printer in use and I have bought 3d printed models. I can see a lot of uses for the technology. 

I noticed yesterday that Humbrol are now making a 3d printer its a very reasonable price. Has anyone bought one and is it any good? 

• RMweb Premium

I'd download and try out at least one or two of the various free 3D CAD programs, they have a fairly steep learning curve, before looking at printers - unless you're only intending to print existing files from other people. Plenty of threads on here discussing the merits of the  various different programmes.

Also all 3D prints aren't created equal, I'd be wanting to see the results from that specific model of printer before deciding whether it's good enough or not. Personally for 4mm scale and downwards, at least, I'd be looking at a resin based printer not a filament one. This does depend on what types of things you're looking at printing though.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, spamcan61 said:

I'd download and try out at least one or two of the various free 3D CAD programs, they have a fairly steep learning curve, before looking at printers - unless you're only intending to print existing files from other people. Plenty of threads on here discussing the merits of the  various different programmes.

Also all 3D prints aren't created equal, I'd be wanting to see the results from that specific model of printer before deciding whether it's good enough or not. Personally for 4mm scale and downwards, at least, I'd be looking at a resin based printer not a filament one. This does depend on what types of things you're looking at printing though.

I agree with every word of that.

The Humbrol printer is a small filament type. Since resin was developed as a printing medium, this has been preferred by many for smaller items. It prints in layers, so 10 items takes no longer than 1 (assuming they all fit on the build plate) & the resolution is typically better.

An important question is: what do you want to print?