RMweb

Stroudley B1 Main Frames (Tender and Loco)

I have recently become the proud owner of  an ex GEM Stroudley 0-4-2 B1 kit (oo Scale)  but have drawn an absolute blank as to obtaining  chassis or main frames for both loco and tender. Any help and (or) directions as to where I might get them would be greatly appreciated .

Many Thanks,

Ian H

I believe I looked at this model on a well known auction site as well and was dissuaded from bidding because of the chassis issue.

I was advised that Alan Gibson may do chassis sides (LM1-209. Gladstone 0-4-2), but you would still need to source/make the spacers to keep the chassis the correct distance apart as well as looking at getting the wheelsets from somewhere. EB Models (Exclusively Brighton Models) although not selling a B1 Gladstone might be able to help with a tender chassis.

I hope we'll get to see your model progress.
Kind Regards,
Gary

Albion produced a brass kit for the Gladstones. The range is now in the hands of Roxey Mouldings, and I believe is slowly being reintroduced. However I think this, or the EBM route, would be quite expensive, and I’m not sure if their chassis would actually fit beneath the Gem body castings.

GEM did a modern etched chassis kit for loco and tender. If it's as good as the others it will be very good. I've got the NBR J83 and LNWR Watford Tank and 2-4-2T ones.

Might be worth getting in touch with the new owner to see if he has any as he's slowly reissuing them.

http://www.johndaymodels.co.uk/whats-new/

Jason

• 1 month later...

Wow I looked at this too but it did look a bit of a basket case so I wasn't prepared to spend much on it !

I hope you'll describe its re-building in a thread ?

Edit - must be a different one - I didn't see how old this thread was !

Edited by Barclay