Station Announcements.

Paul_C

I'm looking for some recordings or software that contain station announcements from the 1959/60 time period. In particular those used at Sheerness-on-Sea and Sittingbourne stations. Again I'm probably asking for the earth but maybe there's a slim chance that these exist somewhere.

Paul.

• RMweb Gold

I'm quite sure pre-recorded announcements were then a very rare commodity indeed. My station, Dartford, only had them installed in 1980. This is decades later, but at least it's Sittingbourne. 

The chap has many others, from all over SR.

Sittingbourne probably had loudspeaker announcements, quite possibly newly installed as part of the electrification project, but I am reasonably certain that Sheerness didn't when I visited it in the early 1960s. Even the ones at Sittingbourne would only have been used for "live" announcements by the station staff.

Thank you becasse, I might have got it wrong but I'm sure that Sittingbourne had announcements made by that lady with the nice voice starting around '69 'ish. I left school in 1971 and used to travel home from Deal on leave and they were definitely in place then and had been for a little while if I'm not mistaken.

Paul.