Strathwood problems?

Dan Griffin

Good evening. 

i am posting this in the hope it gets somewhere with Strathwood. 

i have been buying your books for years,  directly from you, and i placed an order (worth over £65) almost two weeks ago, monies taken and then nothing. 
I have messaged on here, to no response, and i have phoned the warehouse twice.

Yesterday on my second phone call i spoke to a very polite and apologetic lady who said one of the books on order was currently out of stock, fair enough, but she ensured me the rest would be sent via DPD for delivery today, as one book was a gift for someone else. 

i have had nothing, no parcel or dispatch email. 

In all the years i have bought from Strathwood this has to be the worst customer experience i’ve had. They are usually very good and fast delivery. 

Are there bigger issues going on at the warehouse? Or have i just copped an unlucky order? 

i do have a couple of questions though, 
firstly why promise a next day delivery if thats not going to happen, and second, why does the website allow books to be bought if they are not in stock?

i do still want what i have ordered but i feel like i’m going around in circles trying to get a straight answer.  

any update would be appreciated 

regards

dan

12 hours ago, Strathwood said:

Thank you for your response Kevin, however, it is unduly harsh in my opinion. 

The way money is these days, if you had placed an order for over £60, for anything, and then had no update, despite trying after 7 working days, twice, would you not enquire? I had started to assume the worst, but not of Strathwood, of the courier services who have a habit of leaving parcels in full view outside the house, or indeed as one did, leave it in a bin that was clearly out on collection day!

"the public holidays that everyone else has been enjoying, I was forced to work during those holidays." I too have worked all the recent holidays, 70+ hours a week,  Christmases included, so you have my sympathy there Kevin. i do appreciate the long hours company bosses put into their (your) work. 

regardless when i ordered, bank holidays aside, i still waited 7 working days before phoning the warehouse. it is not as if i have posted, or phoned the next day 'demanding' an update, A simply 'we are awaiting stock' explanation or email would have sufficed as an update. It was clear having spoken to your staff at the warehouse they were aware of the out of stock items from when they picked the order up, so would a simple email to that effect be possible?

"we have given you both FREE postage & packing and a FREE book with an RRP of £28.95 for your £64.45 spend," 

This really is not relevant as its not an offer you have given me personally, this is open to all customers. 

"to answer your questions publicly which you requested here"

writing a post on here was a last resort after going around in circles on the phone and after having sent a personally private message (since deleted as I have a 'public' response on here)  which was not in the public domain. As mentioned i was told by your staff they would send it next day, and as nothing had shown up, enquiries have to be made. 

"however you demanded a response Daniel as soon as possible"

This is wholly unfair and incorrect, if you read my initial post, at NO POINT have i demanded a response, what i actually said was 'any update would be appreciated'  

"Is this really the worst customer experience? You have chosen a public forum to express yourself in"

Yes, with Strathwood, this IS the worst experience i have had. Having been buying books directly from yourself, either via online, or when you used to attend shows over the past 15 or so years, this is the only time i have had no update on an order, or had to contact the warehouse number in enquire about an order after 7 working days. Again, you say i have chosen a public forum, but as a last resort after getting nowhere. 

Like i said in my initial post, an update was all that was needed, as one of the items was a gift for someone else. 

thank you for your thorough response, even though it does come across as slightly harsh.

I too am back at work at 7am Monday for a long spell of 12 hour days, lets hope our respective working weeks are as hassle free as possible. 

enjoy the rest of your weekend Kevin. 

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold

To be fair, if you read the Strathwood website it states "Please allow up to 7 working days for dispatch during busy periods, delivery within 7 days of shipping." - so delivery should be within 14 working days.

I concur with Kevin that your public statement was OTT for the situation, could you not have simply asked if anybody has had delivery problems with Strathwood recently?  

Roy

Edited by Roy Langridge
  • Like 1
  • Agree 5
  • Thanks 1