Steam over Shap video

roythebus1

Can anyone show me where the video is that shows 3 steam-hauled specials following on the block over Shap? I wanted to show it on one of the european enthusiasts sites to show them how we can run steam on the main line in the UK, one of the few things this country still seems to do well at! I think the video was done 4 years ago and I seem to remember seeing it shown on here but the internet can't seem to fin it for me.

• RMweb Premium

I don't think there's ever been three tours in a row over Shap. You're probably thinking of 45699 being followed by 70000, in May 2015.

Still impressive to see the exhaust of the second loco in the background.

Edited by 5944

• RMweb Premium
11 hours ago, 5944 said:

I don't think there's ever been three tours in a row over Shap. You're probably thinking of 45699 being followed by 70000, in May 2015.

Still impressive to see the exhaust of the second loco in the background.

Not a third steam tour, but there is what looks like a DMU service (also mentioned in the comments) following 70000 up the hill, and is stopped pretty much in the middle of the screen as 70000 goes past the camera.

Adrian

• RMweb Gold
8 minutes ago, figworthy said:

Not a third steam tour, but there is what looks like a DMU service (also mentioned in the comments) following 70000 up the hill, and is stopped pretty much in the middle of the screen as 70000 goes past the camera.

Adrian

It was 4 or 5 EWS 66s heading for Carlisle

• Thanks 1