7mm Rocking axle carrier for lorit

Hey Guys,

I just gave a chum a kit for a GWR Lorit.   A low floor wagon.   It has a long wheelbase, and looks to be designed to build up rigid.   Which to me looks to be a disaster.

I'm looking for some etched rocking inside bearing carriers.   Rocking W irons won't work, the bearings are carried on the frame of the wagon, and besides the wheels are smaller than standard.   Probably 2' 8".

I suppose I could scratch build something for him, but would prefer something ready to use.

Anybody?

Kevin

Edited by bluestag
clarity

• bluestag changed the title to 7mm Rocking axle carrier for lorit

Slaters do some nice sprung W irons (coil spring).  Also Eileen's Emporium have some Bill Bedford sprung W irons (spring steel wire).  Both are effective, however, I slightly prefer Slaters.  Slater's are only for 7mm, Bill Bedford does them for 4mm and 7mm.

John

6 minutes ago, phil_sutters said:

Didn't Eileen's Emporium go out of business at the end of last year?

I didn't see that.  I haven't visited them for ages.  Their Bill Bedford stuff was awesome, perhaps someone has picked it up.  Slater's should be still going I hope.

John

42 minutes ago, brossard said:

Lovely, good to see the 4mm stock is in good hands.

Not yet - they only have limited stock.

https://www.wizardmodels.ltd/wizard-models-news/

12/12/22
Closure of Eileen’s Emporium – we have good stocks of most of the Bill Bedford items we sourced from Eileen’s, but once sold out, further supplies may take a long time. Buy now if you want them!

1 hour ago, 41516 said:

Not yet - they only have limited stock.

https://www.wizardmodels.ltd/wizard-models-news/

12/12/22
Closure of Eileen’s Emporium – we have good stocks of most of the Bill Bedford items we sourced from Eileen’s, but once sold out, further supplies may take a long time. Buy now if you want them!

Ah, I see, no new production yet.  When I spoke to Eileen's about these, he told me that he rarely sold any (I was talking about 7mm) so he seemed not very enthusiastic (I was asking about a 10' WB underframe kit IIRC).  I suppose Wizard will see how things move and act accordingly.

John