LAYOUT PLAQUES.....?????

exmoordave

Evening all! Knowing what a widely experienced bunch you modellers are I wanted to ask for your help/suggestions please?

As the organiser for EXMOOR RAIL we have always obtained our layout badges from a local supplier, but he has now stopped trading. Consequently we are looking for someone who can offer replacements? Nothing fancy, just rectangular twin layer plastic for example which, when engraved,  offers a different colour background to the lettering - at a reasonable cost of course!!!

Many thanks in advance & best to all,

exmoordave

7 minutes ago, Happy Hippo said:

We use these and use  a paper insert produced on an inkjet printer to put in whatever detail you want.

Not as flashy as a two tone hard plastic badge, but cheap:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/264285685506?hash=item3d88a78702:g:hJ0AAOSw7D9ctZja&var=563862841325

What return rate do you get on these? I doubt you ever get them all back after a show, so it will be likely that you need to order a few more each year.

I laser cut some for our club members & I think I got about 60% back. Some will have kept them safe but I only others will have lost them.

Hard plastic badges are more expensive.

1 hour ago, exmoordave said:

Evening all! Knowing what a widely experienced bunch you modellers are I wanted to ask for your help/suggestions please?

As the organiser for EXMOOR RAIL we have always obtained our layout badges from a local supplier, but he has now stopped trading. Consequently we are looking for someone who can offer replacements? Nothing fancy, just rectangular twin layer plastic for example which, when engraved,  offers a different colour background to the lettering - at a reasonable cost of course!!!

Many thanks in advance & best to all,

exmoordave

Can you clarify what sort of badges you are after. Are these badges for the exhibitors as suggested in the posts above or a commemorative badge for the layout itself?

Nick

Hi all,

Firstly, I must clarify - I meant badges for the layouts. Thanks Nick for asking the right question(!), and apologies for not making that clear! 

Thanks again to Richard & Pete (above) for replying and sorry to you both for not being more specific!

Best to all,

David

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Jonathan Buckie (Gt Shefford) can do them for you, he does our club ones and will be reasonably priced. 

His work email is  clockwork.ideas@hotmail.co.uk.

• Like 1

We took the View to give all exhibitors at Buxton a lapel badge as thier id whilst at the show and as a memento of their visit. These can then be used as layout badges if desired and ensure that everyone who contributed gets duly recognised not just the layouts.

Lots of suppliers if you search online for these, we used stickermule in 22 and found them excellent.

Cheers

Mark

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
18 hours ago, exmoordave said:

Hi all,

Firstly, I must clarify - I meant badges for the layouts. Thanks Nick for asking the right question(!), and apologies for not making that clear! 

Thanks again to Richard & Pete (above) for replying and sorry to you both for not being more specific!

Best to all,

David

I'd suggest that you change the thread title to "layout plaques" rather than "exhibition badges".  Two very different things.

• Like 1

• exmoordave changed the title to LAYOUT PLAQUES.....?????
  • RMweb Premium

I've used this seller on ebay for the 5 or so most recent shows I've organised.

Quick turnaround (within a week, usually) and crisply done. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/110966966976?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=q4DUlc4eQGO&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=RhR16hhlQhK&var=410144018276&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

• Thanks 1

South Notts Show use Signomatic.  We get engraved blue plaques that are self adhesive.

The plaque I got this afternoon for Bregenbach im Schwarzwald at Ruddington was similar but appears to have been 3D printed.

Les

• Thanks 1