Metropolitan Railway 5-Plank Open Wagons

RapidoCorbs

• RMweb Premium

Since the announcement of our Metropolitan E Class locomotives, we have been inundated with requests to produce some suitable rolling stock. 
The Met had several 5 plank open wagons which are very close to our private owner wagon tooling. These vehicles had a long life and were subsequently repainted into several different liveries.
Rapido Trains UK is pleased to offer two new wagons as additions to their Private Owner collection. 
MET No.554

967022.png.8bcbb5b4ad0b055108b9204095623327.png
London Transport No.A945

967023.png.5d7e4a1d2b6a609f07fca5d3a71113f2.png

These wagons are the perfect accompaniment to the Met E class locos alongside the already announced Alfred Pratt and John J Tims private owners which were both marked for returning to the Met. Railway.
Standard RRP of £32.95 applies to these models and they will be available through any Official Retailer of direct from Rapido Trains UK at www.rapidotrains.co.uk

Orderbooks for our PO wagons will close on August 14th – so get your orders in quick!

• Like 6

9 hours ago, RapidoCorbs said:

The Met had several 5 plank open wagons which are very close to our private owner wagon tooling. These vehicles had a long life and were subsequently repainted into several different liveries.

What period do these liveries represent?  I'm assuming that the 'London Transport' livery is post 1933 and the 'MET' branding is earlier.

• RMweb Premium
10 minutes ago, Dungrange said:

What period do these liveries represent?  I'm assuming that the 'London Transport' livery is post 1933 and the 'MET' branding is earlier.

Yes the running number shown was built 1912 and I believe the MET. branding was applied from new.

I don't have the book to hand but the LT ash wagon was repainted in 1951.

Edited by RapidoCorbs
  • Informative/Useful 2

The Met E class was a passenger loco so really needs Ashbury or Dreadnought carriages (perhaps with a Pullman) or milk wagon.

The 5 plank wagon though really needs an F class loco which is very close to the E class (basically a different chassis and a larger coal bunker) - just saying 😃😉

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

13 hours ago, RogerTE said:

The Met E class was a passenger loco so really needs Ashbury or Dreadnought carriages (perhaps with a Pullman) or milk wagon.

The 5 plank wagon though really needs an F class loco which is very close to the E class (basically a different chassis and a larger coal bunker) - just saying 😃😉

Fair enough. They would give Sarah Siddons & Co. something to do as well.

• Like 1

On 18/07/2023 at 22:15, RogerTE said:

In LT days I'm sure the Es would've been seen pulling wagons, no? 

• Agree 2