Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

continental modeller price rise

mervyn

• Moderators

All publishers have been trying to swallow rising costs for ages so it's a case of balancing the books. A snap decision makes it look like you wouldn't care if it's there in the future.

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold
9 minutes ago, mervyn said:

Just read in the editorial section of Continental Modeller, that the magazine price will be £7.45 from September ,looks  the August issue  will be the last  paper copy  I will be buying ......

I feel this actually reinforces the value to me of being a subscriber, be it of the print version or the online equivalent, of my favourite magazines.  

Particularly when also considering some of the other financial incentives that publishers offer to their subscribers.  Especially sometimes around renewal time.

Price rises are seldom welcome, but in the overall scheme of things, I value the intrinsic benefit of being able to enjoy reading a magazine and as such it's important to my health and wellbeing.

• Like 5
  • Agree 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, AY Mod said:

All publishers have been trying to swallow rising costs for ages so it's a case of balancing the books. A snap decision makes it look like you wouldn't care if it's there in the future.

I think that the good intentions of the publishers also lead to part of the problem whereby when the price rise does come, it is larger than it appears it should be. 

Perhaps the rises would be more acceptable if they were smaller but more frequent?

Of course, it should also be pointed out than an annual subscription makes each copy a lot cheaper…

Roy

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Roy Langridge said:

Of course, it should also be pointed out than an annual subscription makes each copy a lot cheaper…

The benefits of that are to both the customer and the publisher without the margin for the retailer plus improved budgeting and cashflow. I wouldn't wish to deprive the smaller independent retailers of fair margin and reward but customers may be surprised at the ounce(s) of flesh larger chains and supermarkets lean on publishers for.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 1 month later...