The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Company, whom I have an account with, asks why I am not reading their e-mails

melmerby

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, kevinlms said:

Even if i was, I wouldn't be reading it outside of working hours!

Even if I am a employee in working hours I still wouldn't read all the emails I get - there is just far too many of them!

Rob

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, ColinK said:

Interesting discussion.  Does this mean that someone who sends me a dubious email, eg one of those you need to pay extra postage scams, is able to know if I have openned their email?   If they know I’ve openned it, they will know I am a real person.

Once upon a time Mailwasher used to bounce scam/spam back to the originator, if you marked it not to be downloaded.

Unfortunately that confirmed to the originator that they had reached a real person.

Now it just deletes them from the server and they don't know if they were successful or not.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
8 hours ago, Reorte said:

(although the idea of responses that make use of that tip it over the scales)

I totally get that, despite knowing how they work for me they are normally a great reminder to unsubscribe from said emails…along with any company that schedules such emails on Xmas day, Easter Sunday, overnight or just when I am feeling grumpy…

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, melmerby said:

Once upon a time Mailwasher used to bounce scam/spam back to the originator, if you marked it not to be downloaded.

Unfortunately that confirmed to the originator that they had reached a real person.

Now it just deletes them from the server and they don't know if they were successful or not.

No it didn't. the whole point of the bounce function on Mailwasher Pro was to send a message back to the sender simulating an email from the mail server indicating that the recipient email address was invalid.

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, 57xx said:

No it didn't. the whole point of the bounce function on Mailwasher Pro was to send a message back to the sender simulating an email from the mail server indicating that the recipient email address was invalid.

Why did they change it then?

There were hosts of complaints in the PC press about the original function.