Minerva to make S100 USA Tank ?

NHY 581

• RMweb Gold
8 hours ago, Andrew Young said:

Yes, this one, I believe it’s a Chrezo production, the people who did the 2-8-0 that’s also available from Minerva. 

342433DD-BA40-4315-829B-D68F2622782E.jpeg.9765e83219e6eb370ac5ba2869032ecc.jpeg

The launch of the O gauge USA tank as a joint venture between Minerva and the French company Chrezo was announced in the hall and streamed via YouTube in the link that you’ve found. 

Speaking to Chris Basten on the Sunday he said that it will be on the website this week. Here’s a photo of the CAD render they had on display. (Edit- It was a laminated sheet in a brightly lit hall, any distortion is due to my trying to hold it for a photo without it catching the hall lights)
9D7D9BD2-53D5-4F10-B4B5-B8272F942E3F.jpeg.a9392de44a97729b72387b91512486c6.jpeg

Due June 2024, to coincide with the 80th anniversary of D Day. Essentially Minerva will sell the Southern style one to the UK market and Chrezo will sell the as built  version to the European market. If I get one, I fancy a WD version (as ran on the Melbourne Military Railway near Derby) so asked Chris and he said that he would be the person to sell me one. I suspect that they may well be exchanging a few between them as I suspect that some European modellers will want the Southern version. 

Before anyone bemoans the silence online about these, it’s worth remembering that the late Chris Klein was always the leader in the online presence of Minerva. A bit reveal at a show seems very old school to us now, but I’ve no objection to that. It worked

just fine for years. 

Andrew

Thanks Andrew, 

The Picasso railcar looks the part. Not cheap mind, €799, which works out at £680 ish on today's exchange rate. 

And, given the inevitable rush and froth that develops from an early announcement, there's a lot to be said for an old school approach. 

Rob

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
11 hours ago, NHY 581 said:

The Picasso railcar looks the part. Not cheap mind, €799, which works out at £680 ish on today's exchange rate. 

As the owner of - er - more than one HO Picasso, and an occasional traveller on X3953, which lives about half an hour away, they are lovely railcars. The ride on absolutely terrible track is still comfy. 

• RMweb Gold
28 minutes ago, hmrspaul said:

The link from the French blog is interesting 

https://www.ree-modeles.com/historique-des-modeles/100-les-030-tu

Does no one have copies of the two English language order forms that were available at Guildex , My friend was given them but I was noticeably ignored. (and the only purchase I made at Guildex was a GW van).

Paul 

Just for clarity, the above link is from REE Modeles, producers of a fine HO gauge model of the type and provides an overview, not only of those S100s in France but also alludes to those in Austria and Italy ( amongst others ) 

Rob. 

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, hmrspaul said:

Does no one have copies of the two English language order forms that were available at Guildex , My friend was given them but I was noticeably ignored. (and the only purchase I made at Guildex was a GW van).

Paul 

The forms are on Minerva's website, Paul.  They can be downloaded. I note they don't make any reference as yet to any discount for early orders. This was referred to in the vidjoe announcement and included on the 56xx order forms. 

However, they've not opened a heading for the model as of yet. I know the Siphons arrived late last week so they're probably currently concentrating on dealing with the pre-orders for those. 

Screenshots for info.....

Screenshot_20230906-190904_SamsungInternet.jpg.d793726653613c67541e5b4b7c1f7e8c.jpg

Screenshot_20230906-190633_Drive.jpg.a7925fc08f50a2b4878774d769c9e1bf.jpg

Screenshot_20230906-190606_Drive.jpg.018876552e666328bd735585f6ee4a36.jpg

I sense an early crest BR Black shaped financial incident taking shape..........though the SNCF jobs look appealing as well........

Rob. 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, hmrspaul said:

The link from the French blog is interesting 

https://www.ree-modeles.com/historique-des-modeles/100-les-030-tu

Paul 

Couldn’t see any order forms when I was there on Sunday. As @NHY 581 says, the Syphon arrived late last week and Chris has said it’ll take them about a week or so to send out all the preorders. 

The USA Transport Corps one is tempting, there’s photos of them in that livery in the UK. 

Andrew

3 hours ago, NHY 581 said:

The forms are on Minerva's website, Paul.  They can be downloaded. I note they don't make any reference as yet to any discount for early orders. This was referred to in the vidjoe announcement and included on the 56xx order forms. 

However, they've not opened a heading for the model as of yet. I know the Siphons arrived late last week so they're probably currently concentrating on dealing with the pre-orders for those. 

Rob. 

You did well to find them, I couldn't even find anything for the Siphons or vans let alone these. The plain non British one looks like a suitable starter for a fictitious industrial which would be my interest - although I am only interested because of remembering, rather vaguely, the Guildford one. 

3 hours ago, Andrew Young said:

Couldn’t see any order forms when I was there on Sunday. As @NHY 581 says, the Siphon arrived late last week and Chris has said it’ll take them about a week or so to send out all the preorders. 

Andrew

These were being given to some interested parties, after discussion. 

Paul

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, hmrspaul said:

You did well to find them, I couldn't even find anything for the Siphons or vans let alone these. The plain non British one looks like a suitable starter for a fictitious industrial which would be my interest - although I am only interested because of remembering, rather vaguely, the Guildford one. 

These were being given to some interested parties, after discussion. 

Paul

Screenshot_20230907-064548_SamsungInternet.jpg.af962828d31608caa68178494789fcc5.jpg

Morning Paul, 

Home screen as above. Click on 'shop now' below the Pannier image and the screen opens up to include order forms for the Siphons, 56xx, S100s etc, etc. 

That's hopefully sorted that. 

Rob

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Does anyone know whether I should expect an acknowledgment for my pre-order from Minerva? I emailed them 6 weeks ago to place the order but haven’t had any response back. 
I was trying to order one of the ‘French’ ones. 
cheers,

Mol

• RMweb Gold

Try giving Chris a ring or email them again. 

Rob. 

• 1 month later...
22 hours ago, D6332 said:

In fact here it is

Screenshot_20240218_090619_Gallery.jpg

That looks like the Yugoslavian version of the loco. JZ class 62.

Slightly higher pitched boiler hence the angled steam pipes. 

Would make an interesting conversion to the Minerva model.

Mike