Minerva to make S100 USA Tank ?

NHY 581

• RMweb Premium

I believe the USA tank was announced at Guildex 2023.  Despite being a GOG member I  could not get the streaming coverage to work for Sat or Sun.

The other item of note is the Lionheart BR Mk 1 FK and BCK ‘s.

Edited by D5158
Re-phrased.
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

Information/Intelligence indicates Minerva also had an O gauge French Railcar on display at GOG Stafford. All very interesting........and appealing. 

Rob. 

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, hmrspaul said:

Delivery possibly late next year.

They’re hoping it’ll be available in time for the 80th anniversary of D Day (6th June).

Regards

Dan

Edited by Dan Randall
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
13 minutes ago, hmrspaul said:

Delivery possibly late next year. All to 43.5 scale.

Paul

As per Dan's post, Chris states in the you tube footage, subject to production slots, they hope to have these out next June.

It will be interesting to see the Continental versions. French is obvious but I wonder which other countries will be marketed. Plenty of choice. 

Rob. 

• Like 1

Oldddudders said:

The French refer to O Gauge as Zero.

Not unreasonably as before that people were modelling in  gauges known as 1 and 2 (presumably  afew still do)

ISTR that in the UK at some time long ago that we made a change from 0 to O.  Similarly I think that the Germans say "halbnul" as H0 is half 0 scale. 

• RMweb Gold

I rather think we've established that this loco is being produced in O gauge, irrespective of what each country chooses to call it. 

Should sit well with Dapol's excellent B4. 

Rob.

Edited by NHY 581
  • Like 1

Is there any further info on the French railcar mentioned above? Very intrigued.

Re the USA tank, it’s an interesting & useful prototype to model. For those of us who model in coarse scale O gauge, a lovely version has been available for sometime produced by WJ Vintage & manufactured by ETS.

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, RateTheFreight said:

Is there any further info on the French railcar mentioned above? Very intrigued.

Re the USA tank, it’s an interesting & useful prototype to model. For those of us who model in coarse scale O gauge, a lovely version has been available for sometime produced by WJ Vintage & manufactured by ETS.

No, nothing more as yet, G. 

Minerva are at Stafford in a couple of weeks (ish) so I'm hoping to have a chat with Chris then. 

Rob. 

On 03/09/2023 at 18:28, NHY 581 said:

Information/Intelligence indicates Minerva also had an O gauge French Railcar on display at GOG Stafford. All very interesting........and appealing. 

Rob. 

Yes, this one, I believe it’s a Chrezo production, the people who did the 2-8-0 that’s also available from Minerva. 

342433DD-BA40-4315-829B-D68F2622782E.jpeg.9765e83219e6eb370ac5ba2869032ecc.jpeg

The launch of the O gauge USA tank as a joint venture between Minerva and the French company Chrezo was announced in the hall and streamed via YouTube in the link that you’ve found. 

Speaking to Chris Basten on the Sunday he said that it will be on the website this week. Here’s a photo of the CAD render they had on display. (Edit- It was a laminated sheet in a brightly lit hall, any distortion is due to my trying to hold it for a photo without it catching the hall lights)
9D7D9BD2-53D5-4F10-B4B5-B8272F942E3F.jpeg.a9392de44a97729b72387b91512486c6.jpeg

Due June 2024, to coincide with the 80th anniversary of D Day. Essentially Minerva will sell the Southern style one to the UK market and Chrezo will sell the as built  version to the European market. If I get one, I fancy a WD version (as ran on the Melbourne Military Railway near Derby) so asked Chris and he said that he would be the person to sell me one. I suspect that they may well be exchanging a few between them as I suspect that some European modellers will want the Southern version. 

Before anyone bemoans the silence online about these, it’s worth remembering that the late Chris Klein was always the leader in the online presence of Minerva. A bit reveal at a show seems very old school to us now, but I’ve no objection to that. It worked

just fine for years. 

Andrew

Edited by Andrew Young
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 3

• RMweb Premium

Always a balance between interfering and helping but given a couple of little things on the siphon slipped through unnoticed, probably worth giving the CADs a good scrutinise and flagging up anything glaring discretely to Minerva.

These aren't my forte but they look typically ugly to me!

• RMweb Gold
8 hours ago, pete_mcfarlane said:

There's some more info here on the French versions, but viewer discretion is advised for the picture of the real S100 on page 2 😬

https://cercleduzero.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7052&sid=722ab884f20b4caff043223c25463d5c

Hell fire ! 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2