The Art Of Railway Modelling by James Hilton

Not Jeremy

Have now had a chance to have a proper read - inspiring stuff with some stunning photography as previously mentioned, and as close as I've seen to a 'coffee table' book for model railways.

There are some great ideas, but also much to ponder, showing that the whys and the feelings that something invokes are just as, if not more, important than the 'how tos'.

You have a lovely style @James Hilton , and with this and the Small Layout Design Handbook on my shelf, I look forward to a third joining them...(?)

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Thank you, not only is that very kind, but also, I feel like through your words that you’ve really understood what I was trying to get across with both projects…

Third book?

I’m not sure yet if there is more to say, time will tell.

• Friendly/supportive 1

I'm just reading 'Small Layout Design Handbook'* (Christmas present!)........and I think I'm going to have to get this one too! Certainly gets the ol' grey matter churning.......especially as I spy a 'Drinnick Mill' plan in the new one - attention grabbed!

*I must pop around to Ponts Mill and have a look - I believe much of the track is still in situ but overgrown ('Abandoned rails.....' thread material 🙂!)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I ordered The Art Of Railway Modelling from Wild Swan Books yesterday at 11.30am

It has just arrived (in Edinburgh), beautifully packaged, less than 24 hours later. Great service, thank you.

I enjoyed the Small Layout Design Handbook and am looking forward to this one.

• Like 1