New Carnforth drone footage

28 minutes ago, Arun Sharma said:

The centre cab diesel loco  by the turntable looks like an ex-DB one. Class V60 possibly?

I think it might be the loco someone made out of an SD40 bogie, I know it was hosted up north at some point, might still be there.

EDIT; its not, the TP70 just has steps after the cab, but I am sure Carnforth did host it at one point.

https://www.railwaygazette.com/uk/class-08-locomotive-replacement-concept-unveiled/61795.article

Edited by woodenhead

I was last there many years ago, and I recall the coaling tower was considered dangerous ("concrete cancer").  I don't imagine there was much that could be done to save  it even if funds were available which seemed most unlikely.  However I see it is no longer fenced off from the rest of the site.  Would that mean it's been reassessed and no longer seen as a safety risk to people nearby?

Edited by Michael Hodgson
typo

53 minutes ago, Michael Hodgson said:

... the coaling tower was considered dangerous ... However I see it is no longer fenced off from the rest of the site.  Would that mean it's been reassessed and no longer seen as a safety risk to people nearby?

Maybe the rest of the site is deemed to be equally dangerous.☹️

• Agree 1
  • Funny 2