Heljan 0 gauge Class73 sound

TheSnapper

The Howes project I believe is an old one grafted on to a V5 decoder , happy to be corrected though 

Haven't  heard the Marwick '73 but I have heard the alternative sounds ( Farm animals , sound of Big Ben etc.) Different ! 😁

I have heard Biffs sound file and it sounds great , rather like all of his other sound projects .

Biff would be my first choice 

• Agree 1

On 29/12/2023 at 11:09, TheSnapper said:

Any sound recommendations for the new Heljan Class 73?

I have been looking at Legomanbiffo,, Marwick Soundscape (Wickness Models) & Howes Models.

Cheers 

Tim

It hasn't been mentioned but Hornby do a 73 sound project on their new TXS chips. Not sure if they can handle O gauge current especially with Heljan but maybe worth a listen seeing as they are less than half the price and the diesel sounds I have heard so far are pretty good  ? 

On 31/12/2023 at 11:20, Chrisr40 said:

It hasn't been mentioned but Hornby do a 73 sound project on their new TXS chips. Not sure if they can handle O gauge current especially with Heljan but maybe worth a listen seeing as they are less than half the price and the diesel sounds I have heard so far are pretty good  ? 

It would need re-mapping to work all the lighting functions correctly, I wonder if it will handle the 3rd rail flash too !!!!!

Charlie