Identifying an old video of Tehachapi Loop?

• RMweb Gold

Back in the late 80’s or early 90’s I had a vhs tape with a two program compilation about Tehachapi and Cajon. I’m trying to find out if there’s a dvd copy as the vhs one got lost over the years and was a bit knackered!

As I recall the tape it had an archive section on rebuilding the line after an earthquake set to the ‘Global News’ music track followed by lots of blue & yellow SF era for most of the program. 
I seem to remember it was WB productions, and had a blue cover with photos?

Anyone know of a dvd or digital copy available? Cheers 

• RMweb Premium
Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Keith Addenbrooke said:

Hi Paul, a company called Pentrex seem to have done one with a blue cover and photos.  Any use?  Keith.

UK seller: https://www.videoscene.co.uk/cajon-pass-tehachapi-loop  (Currently OOS)

Amazon: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Cajon-Pass-Tehachapi-Railroad-Lines/dp/B0007WHD2Y

Amazon claim it is region 1 coded NTSC, whereas US sellers claim region 0 coded.

Edited by melmerby
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, Keith Addenbrooke said:

Hi Paul, a company called Pentrex seem to have done one with a blue cover and photos.  Any use?  Keith.

IMG_2755.jpeg.50f565d34c9ba6d8a03a0e48855325a5.jpeg

Thanks Keith that was the right period but I recall it as a different program a friend had, and the content description backs that up, not the one with the archive footage? If anyone has a copy and confirm if it has the earthquake rebuild and building Barstow yard in it?

Pretty certain it was WB Productions but this is all I can find and doesn’t include the Cajon bit as I got a copy on dvd  

IMG_2754.webp.39bc0477b549c9227c12ea2c12ae6b2f.webp

Edited by PaulRhB
  • Friendly/supportive 1

2 hours ago, PaulRhB said:

Back in the late 80’s or early 90’s I had a vhs tape with a two program compilation about Tehachapi and Cajon. I’m trying to find out if there’s a dvd copy as the vhs one got lost over the years and was a bit knackered!

As I recall the tape it had an archive section on rebuilding the line after an earthquake set to the ‘Global News’ music track followed by lots of blue & yellow SF era for most of the program. 
I seem to remember it was WB productions, and had a blue cover with photos?

Anyone know of a dvd or digital copy available? Cheers 

My dad had that video I remember distinctly the rebuilding bit.

Unfortunately I cannot help further - it went to the great video collection in the sky well before I emptied his home.

• RMweb Gold

Yes several good videos from the era, I’ve collected several trying to find it 😆 

That was the genesis of my US collection though be why I became enamoured by the Santa Fe 😄