MB Klein reopens under Factory Direct Hobbies

BrakeCoach

14 hours ago, MattR said:

The header on their website, as displayed in the top of this thread, says they are returning and to stay tuned. That's the basis of this thread. Not the tangent about gift certificates.

Whether it's a website glitch, hack, etc. remains to be seen.

I'm curious about where this might lead. As you note, I think some skepticism is warranted. Model Train Stuff's Facebook page hasn't seen any update indicating the business returning to operation. I think patience is the best course of action. Hopefully it returns! 

• 4 weeks later...

Another update to the ModelTrainStuff.com webpage, below

(The Facebook page hasn't been updated suggesting the new owners of the website don't have access to it yet.)

modeltrainstuff.PNG

Edited by 1andrew1
  • Informative/Useful 1

With Hattons being part of the Rails of Sheffield family now, I wonder where MB Klein is in between this.

Would it be that MB Klein would be coming under Rails too, hence the standby info on their site? Merely just a speculation, of course.

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, BrakeCoach said:

With Hattons being part of the Rails of Sheffield family now, I wonder where MB Klein is in between this.

Would it be that MB Klein would be coming under Rails too, hence the standby info on their site? Merely just a speculation, of course.

Rails of Sheffield have only purchased the Hattons brand and website database, Hattons itself as an entity is no more, you need to read the actual statement from Rails of Sheffield in full rather than just the headline and make such unfounded ill informed speculation. 

• Like 3
  • Agree 2

4 hours ago, Graham_Muz said:

Rails of Sheffield have only purchased the Hattons brand and website database, Hattons itself as an entity is no more, you need to read the actual statement from Rails of Sheffield in full rather than just the headline and make such unfounded ill informed speculation. 

Hence my comment added that its a mere speculation, since rails is getting the hattons brand name. But now we get the full picture.

• BrakeCoach changed the title to MB Klein reopens under Factory Direct Hobbies

They've just bought the name by the looks of it, all Factory Direct is is an online shop, so it will be another shop front for them to use.

Just like Rails bought the Hattons name, then Factory Direct has bought the MB Klein name.