60 years of 37403 'Isle of Mull' celebrated with Accurascale!

Lovely announcement!!!! Deposit paid for a silent one (depending on finances at time of release I might do a self-sound upgrade). Will be great T&Ting with Large Logo 409, and a nice contrast of 'heritage' vs refurbished condition (reinforced windows aside)

Edited by G-BOAF
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi folks,

This is indeed the first member of our third production run of our Class 37s. Look out for more news on the rest in the coming months!

The SRPS have been in touch and confirmed that they are "flying out the door" so we would recommend getting your order in with them soon if you fancy one.

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 9
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
20 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi folks,

This is indeed the first member of our third production run of our Class 37s. Look out for more news on the rest in the coming months!

The SRPS have been in touch and confirmed that they are "flying out the door" so we would recommend getting your order in with them soon if you fancy one.

Cheers!

Fran 

Hi Fran, 

Thank you for confirming that 37403 is part of the third run of Class 37s. It’s good to know that this run will

be arriving in Q4 2025, as I had been wondering when they would arrive. 

Thank you. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

Throwing the cat among the pigeons, as 2025 will be the loco's 60th anniversary, it would be an appropriate time to repaint it into its original livery, or rather the 1990s rendition of its original livery (to get around the purists who would argue green is not historically correct for a 37/4) . I guess with this model commissioned as an anniversary release in its 'present form'  such a repaint is now ruled out.

Strangely not mentioned on the SRPS web page (or other info on this loco) it was actually the penultimate 37 built. I wonder if the final one built 37308 will be running again by its 60th year?

• RMweb Premium
21 minutes ago, G-BOAF said:

Throwing the cat among the pigeons, as 2025 will be the loco's 60th anniversary, it would be an appropriate time to repaint it into its original livery, or rather the 1990s rendition of its original livery (to get around the purists who would argue green is not historically correct for a 37/4) . I guess with this model commissioned as an anniversary release in its 'present form'  such a repaint is now ruled out.

My favourite livery for the loco… don’t think @Alasdair E would like me saying that out loud though 😁

• Funny 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to all who have pre-ordered a model of 37403. We've now locked in the production quantity with our friends at Accurascale but with approaching 70% of the run pre-ordered don't hang around too long if you would would like to guarantee a model of what we think is preservation's best 37!

We are unfortunately still having problems with the authenticator for some card payments on our website, if you are having trouble ordering, please phone our office (open Monday to Friday, 09:30 - 16:30) on 01506 825855 and they will be able to take payment by card over the phone.

• Like 4
  • Round of applause 2

2 hours ago, scottishsteam said:

Thanks to all who have pre-ordered a model of 37403. We've now locked in the production quantity with our friends at Accurascale but with approaching 70% of the run pre-ordered don't hang around too long if you would would like to guarantee a model of what we think is preservation's best 37!

We are unfortunately still having problems with the authenticator for some card payments on our website, if you are having trouble ordering, please phone our office (open Monday to Friday, 09:30 - 16:30) on 01506 825855 and they will be able to take payment by card over the phone.

Very exciting - 18 months will fly by...! Are you at liberty to say what the run size is? If the number still available in the shop is accurate, then it sounds like quite the limited edition indeed.

2 hours ago, scottishsteam said:

Really looking forward to my model. Having returned to the hobby only last year, I missed out on some Accurascale models especially the large logo variants so I was quick to jump on and order one. This will be very well received. Thanks so much for commissioning it.

Can @Accurascale Fran or another from the AS team advise whether it will be possible to include the white lines on the wheels/tyres (which indicate if a tyre has moved on the wheel centre)? I know Bachmann manged it (once I think) on diesel a number of years ago. Its so common on newly overhauled/well maintained locomotives and are quite prominent on 403 in a clean condition.

• RMweb Gold
On 29/02/2024 at 14:30, G-BOAF said:

Can @Accurascale Fran or another from the AS team advise whether it will be possible to include the white lines on the wheels/tyres (which indicate if a tyre has moved on the wheel centre)? I know Bachmann manged it (once I think) on diesel a number of years ago. Its so common on newly overhauled/well maintained locomotives and are quite prominent on 403 in a clean condition.

Hi @G-BOAF,

We're doing it and our second run of Class 37s also feature this detail where appropriate. 

image(38).png.541853196fda148e46122ffe276758ad.png

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 8
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Round of applause 1