Railway Icons' Prototype HS(D)T Power Car No.41001 - Now Available to Pre-Order with Sound!

Railway Icons' OO Gauge Class 41 Prototype HSDT Power Car Locomotive No.41001 now available to pre-order with sound!

Both DCC Ready and Sound Fitted versions are available to order from the Locomotion Models website, and can be secured with a deposit today - https://locomotionmodels.com/railway-icons/prototype-high-speed-diesel-train-power-car-no-41001

If you have already pre-ordered this model with us, you should have received an email earlier today regarding upgrading your DCC Ready model to a Sound Fitted version. 

The model is currently set to arrive in stock Summer 2024

You can also watch Hornby Magazine's video about the HS(D)T here.

IMG_0363.jpg

Edited by Locomotion No. 3
  • Like 4

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, G-BOAF said:

Are these models 'as currently preserved', or is that the version from Rails?

Or have I got my wires crossed and neither releases are in current condition?

It is an identical SKU between Rails and Locomotion

On 26/02/2024 at 11:42, G-BOAF said:

Are these models 'as currently preserved', or is that the version from Rails?

Or have I got my wires crossed and neither releases are in current condition?

I think you'll find the model is in 1970's condition (both Rails and Locomotion models are exactly the same, I believe).  The model's overhead warning symbols are a red lightning strike on a white background and 252001 is on the front.

In preservation, it has the modern black and yellow version of the overhead warning symbols, presumably to conform to modern safety standards, especially if it ventures out and about.  As far as I can remember seeing the real thing in preservation, it also lacks the 252001 number on the front, even after a search online for more recent images.

I hope they also do 41002, though can't help but feel after this release there will be a twin pack of both and possibly a second pack with the departmental yellow wraparound ends to further enhance sales.

It would be superb if the Mk3s were also commissioned, and perhaps the substituting Mk1 used in the early days, to make up typical sets (aside from any compromises), which I am sure would enhance sales at least a bit.

That said, I am sure it will also sell well even as a one off, especially by visitors to the NRM as an iconic replica of a historically significant power car to take home.

Looking forward to this one... I have already got the N-gauge set!

Cheers,

Ixion.

• Agree 1

37 minutes ago, ColinK said:

Shame that Rails difn’t do 41002 and the NRM 41001.

Are there any significant differences between the two that would stop them doing so?

Roddy