What happened to Barrie Davis model railways on YouTube?

Train_Dude

• RMweb Gold

I used to be subscribed to Barrie Davis Model Railway on Youtube but I cannot find any of his videos. This is a shame as one of the videos he did was very useful as a guide on how to fix a certain problem and another video he did was a very effective guide of how to wire up a model railway.

This is a bit of an inconvience as I only realised he had disappeared when I came to try find the video I had saved of his for when I was wiring up my layout.

Any idea what has happened to him?

• RMweb Premium

A bit concerned as he had medical issues , before disappearing .

He has taken his channel off air a few times , so hopefully if all ok , he will be back 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

There has been a history of him taken down his channel, often due to comments being made he didn’t like, and then more recently after comments he himself made about other YouTubers in his videos which were really not very pleasant, and caused something of a backlash. I lose track exactly but I think the last two closedowns were as a result of uncalled for comments he had made. Somehow the tag ‘of the world being a better place if we all enjoyed our model trains as much as I do etc’ began to ring very hollow. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium
Posted (edited)

I too have been looking today and really hope he is ok. Yes he is sometimes outspoken but I don't think he means any harm by it . He has put some useful stuff on his channel but it seems to disappear from time to time like it has now. He also ran his model railway charity to help disabled modellers which was very successful but I know his friend who had been helping him with it passed away and Barrie was very upset. Come back soon Barrie!

Edited by Traincliff
typos
  • Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• 2 weeks later...

It is sad to see Barrie disappear from YouTube as I found his videos interesting and entertaining. I do hope he is well as he seems to have battled health issues over the years. Any news would be appreciated.

Kind regards 

Paddy

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 3 weeks later...