Hornby Railroad Flying Scotsman

ColinB

I received an EMail from Rails this afternoon listing some new releases from Hornby. On there there was a TTS fitted Railroad model. Now firstly we were all led to believe TTS is dead and there will be no more TTS decoders, then there is the price. I am not going to quote prices as people get upset, but go onto the Hornby website and see the price of the TTS fitted one and non TTS fitted one and then calculate the difference which will be the price of the TTS decoder. You will find it is the most expensive TTS decoder ever.

• RMweb Premium

I bought Hermit and a TXS decoder for about €10 more than Hornby asks for that. And for a little over half this price, you van buy a Railroad Deltic or a 47 with TXS. 

Do these FS really sell, at that price?

I was talking to a Model Shop owner this afternoon and it appears the rumour is that the new management is taking it back to the pre SK era, more like a toy company. As the Flying Scotsman it looks like it is a mess up, like the 8f. This is not the time to be making those sort of mistakes.

• RMweb Premium
38 minutes ago, ColinB said:

I was talking to a Model Shop owner this afternoon and it appears the rumour is that the new management is taking it back to the pre SK era, more like a toy company. As the Flying Scotsman it looks like it is a mess up, like the 8f. This is not the time to be making those sort of mistakes.

The strategy that failed in 2014 onwards then.