Active brake button

7 hours ago, peterm1 said:

What you would need to do if possible is set the F2 button to momentary to have the best control over brake force.

Thanks peterm. Do you you know how I would do that.

15 hours ago, WIMorrison said:

You don't program the button on the Multimaus, you program the function in the decoder to operate when F2 is pressed.

Thanks. I understand that and the brake function works fine using a Digitrax handset.  usinf the Multimause the brakes don't release when I release F2 unless I press it a second time.What I want to do is change the F2 button from toggle function to intermittent if that makes sense.

When I use my Multimice if I press the key briefly then the key latches, if I press and hold it releases when I let it go.

There is this reference in the manual that seems to confirm the operation I see.

3.2.6 The “FUNCTION KEYS” are used to activate locomotive functions (F1– F28, e.g. the horn on a locomotive with sound or a digital coupling) by pressing the corresponding function key for an extended time (at least 1 second). The function remains active for as long as you hold the Function Key. If you press the key only briefly, the desired function is activated normally. You select the desired status using the arrow keys. Factory setting: OFF ▪ To confirm, press the OK-key. You return to the start level “FUNCTION KEYS.

Edited by WIMorrison
  • Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

3 hours ago, WIMorrison said:

When I use my Multimice if I press the key briefly then the key latches, if I press and hold it releases when I let it go.

There is this reference in the manual that seems to confirm the operation I see.

3.2.6 The “FUNCTION KEYS” are used to activate locomotive functions (F1– F28, e.g. the horn on a locomotive with sound or a digital coupling) by pressing the corresponding function key for an extended time (at least 1 second). The function remains active for as long as you hold the Function Key. If you press the key only briefly, the desired function is activated normally. You select the desired status using the arrow keys. Factory setting: OFF ▪ To confirm, press the OK-key. You return to the start level “FUNCTION KEYS.

Thanks Iain. I'll try that and see what happens.