Exmoor Rail 2024 - 1 June - Update

robk

• RMweb Gold

Exmoor Rail 2024 is on Saturday 1 June 2022 in Minehead at the local college.

Recently added to our list of exhibitors is Jim Allwood with his Apa based project, 2mm fine scale, "Bordesley North". 

As Jim says, he has shamelessly plagiarised "Apa Park", using an Ikea "Apa" toybox for this unusual micro-layout. Unusual, in that to the left of the fiddle yard is another micro-layout, previously a container terminal when it appeared at Warley in 2022, we've been told it may be something different by the time it arrives in Minehead!

The main Exmoor Rail 2024 announcement can be found here:

And for those of you that remember our attempts in 2022 to coax the Pacer to move. Yes,  it lives!

pacer-doornail.jpg.85b35e7939660324a16801ef3e02bd22.jpg

Looking forward to seeing all our exhibitors, traders and visitors,

@exmoordave David & @robkRob 

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

As always, I'm looking forward to exhibiting at what is a lovely, friendly show.

This year, I'm pleased to be taking my Cameoesque homage to the Wisbech and Upwell, Ewe. 

20230909_115841-02.jpeg.2a82239ab93b6af1bd2647a75a50cd9c.jpeg

Do pop in. 

Rob. 

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Morning Dave, 

As always, looking forward to bringing something sheep shaped along. 

Even looking forward to the Saturday morning sprint over ! 

Rob

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Good evening!

As I will be visiting as a member of the paying public can I assume the venue is walkable from the WSR station? There is a train from BL arriving about 1130....Rob may be there by then of course which will be a bonus...

Chris

• RMweb Gold
On 11/03/2024 at 21:51, robk said:

Exmoor Rail 2024 is on Saturday 1 June 2022 in Minehead at the local college.

Recently added to our list of exhibitors is Jim Allwood with his Apa based project, 2mm fine scale, "Bordesley North". 

As Jim says, he has shamelessly plagiarised "Apa Park", using an Ikea "Apa" toybox for this unusual micro-layout. Unusual, in that to the left of the fiddle yard is another micro-layout, previously a container terminal when it appeared at Warley in 2022, we've been told it may be something different by the time it arrives in Minehead!

The main Exmoor Rail 2024 announcement can be found here:

And for those of you that remember our attempts in 2022 to coax the Pacer to move. Yes,  it lives!

pacer-doornail.jpg.85b35e7939660324a16801ef3e02bd22.jpg

Looking forward to seeing all our exhibitors, traders and visitors,

@exmoordave David & @robkRob 

I remember that Pacer....

52268064860_5bf7c1bdcb_c.jpg

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
35 minutes ago, Gilbert said:

As I will be visiting as a member of the paying public can I assume the venue is walkable from the WSR station?

It's about 1.5/2km, depending how quick you walk, say 25 minutes. 

There is a bus that comes up from town, I think it wears the number 28 and runs half hourly. Bus timetables though are a bit of a mystery to me, so best double check.

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, robk said:

It's about 1.5/2km, depending how quick you walk, say 25 minutes. 

There is a bus that comes up from town, I think it wears the number 28 and runs half hourly. Bus timetables though are a bit of a mystery to me, so best double check.

I'm happy with that walk - so thanks.

Chris

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, exmoordave said:

I know you can do it Rob......I have faith in you.....see you then.....if not before of course....!!!

Cough....SWAG...Cough.....28th April....Cough.......

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
19 hours ago, exmoordave said:

You must get Mrs. Rob to rub some linament onto your chest for that cough....

Always a tad tricky, Dave. Linament makes one's wool somewhat matted. Devil of a job getting it out. Simply having a dip isn't sufficient. 

Rob

• Funny 1

CORRECTION.........

A friend has brought to my attention the fact that EXMOOR RAIL is listed in BRM as taking place on Saturday 5th August 2024. 

Now if this was my fault and I wrote & posted this info while intoxicated, then I sincerely apologise. However, I have double-checked my email which I sent on 1st April (April fool???!!!) to BRM and all the info listed was correct, so I am left wondering what has happened???!!! It's compounded by the fact that 5th August this year is on a MONDAY......!!!!!

So, just to reiterate - EXMOOR RAIL 2024 is taking place this year on Saturday 1st June, from 10.00am to 4.30pm.

I may need a liedown in a darkened room now until I find out what happened??????

• Friendly/supportive 1

Hi @exmoordave

Sorry this error has been printed - I too was stumped as to why we had printed that date, but when I checked the correspondence I was sent on March 26th, the date is in fact printed as Saturday, August 5th (maybe this was the date last year?) - I'd be happy to forward it to you to see. Once again, sorry that the incorrect date has been published, I will put the correct date in the June issue for you, which will be out mid-May, so will hopefully help promote the event.  

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

We have added our 17th layout exhibiting at Exmoor Rail on 1 June this year, David Greenwood is bringing his latest, never before seen in public, OO layout, "Avon Mills 1990". In David's words:

"Avon Mills is set in the Bristol area around 1990. The layout features a small suburban station, a rail-served industry and a stabling point for diesel locos. All the locos have been renumbered to represent prototypes seen in the area at the time. All are fitted with DCC sound. There are loads of details to spot - a famous old lady on the platform, wildlife including rats and butterflies, and correct Bristol buses for the period crossing the bridges."

avon-mills-1990.jpg.05423cacfa5192ee605210df711600eb.jpg

We hope David rounds up all his rats at home time!

• Like 2