Macclesfield Model Railway Group Exhibition 20th/21st April 2024

BigAndy

We are now just over only a month away from our 51st Annual Exhibition.

I am pleased to be able to share the following with you:

Venue:

Tytherington High School, Manchester Road, Macclesfield. SK10 2EE

Saturday 20th April - 10am to 5pm

Sunday 21st April - 10am to 4,30pm

Adults - £9; accompanied children FREE

All major credit cards accepted.

Free Parking and level access.

Free Vintage Bus linking Macclesfield Railway Station and ANY recognised Bus stop on the route to the venue.

22 Quality Layouts in all the major scales and eras

14 Traders including a large Squires Models stand.

FULL DETAILS OF OUR SHOW AND TIMETABLE FOR THE BUS CAN BE FOUND HERE:

www.macclesfieldmrg.org.uk

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

I'm looking forward to visiting this one again, Macc was my home town for over 30 years until I moved away. A couple of questions though please, are there any trade stands going that sell new or nearly new 00 gauge locos & stock, also I can't seem to see the vintage bus timetable on the site so please can this be added too? Kind regards & many thanks.

• RMweb Premium

I'd like to see 'Hibel Road'. Used to be a member as a youth up to 1980's-ish when I moved away. I guess most everyone I used to know has moved on...

Dava

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Star Lane is currently being checked over by Mike prior to him loading it for the show. He has a little bit of my green stock plus Star bridge signal box as I am coming by train.

I will have a different class 33 this show to the one in the photo.

Mike and Phatbob have quite a bit of new stock to run on the layout.

20221102_110541.jpg

20210613_153615.jpg

• Like 5

On 10/04/2024 at 20:56, Dava said:

I'd like to see 'Hibel Road'. Used to be a member as a youth up to 1980's-ish when I moved away. I guess most everyone I used to know has moved on...

Dava

Unfortunately I won’t be able to make it now as it’s too far away 😆. Hopefully others will swell the ranks, I was a member in the Drill Hall days and wish I could attend what looks like an excellent show. 

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, Hibelroad said:

Unfortunately I won’t be able to make it now as it’s too far away 😆. Hopefully others will swell the ranks, I was a member in the Drill Hall days and wish I could attend what looks like an excellent show. 

Thanks for saving me a less than productive trip.

Hope to see Hibel Rd at a future show.

• RMweb Premium

Looking forwards to coming on Saturday - as has been noted, an another strong lineup making good use of the available space for the Show.  Would just like to say thank you in advance to everyone involved - a huge amount of effort goes in, all voluntary, and it is appreciated, Keith.

• Thanks 1

On 01/04/2024 at 20:23, vanbasher said:

I'm looking forward to visiting this one again, Macc was my home town for over 30 years until I moved away. A couple of questions though please, are there any trade stands going that sell new or nearly new 00 gauge locos & stock, also I can't seem to see the vintage bus timetable on the site so please can this be added too? Kind regards & many thanks.

Hi VanBasher,

We have around 14 trade stands attending, many of whom sell new/nearly new or second hand Locos and stock in all scales and gauges. Our own club members stand will be selling its usual array of members stock, who are either switching scales or downsizing their collection.

Regarding the Bus timetable, have you tried the club website recently? It should be on there to view for everyone.

As Exhibition Manager I look forward to welcoming you to our show.

cheers

Andy

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Went this morning, Coppell and Barton Rd are the standouts for me but a good mix of scales and eras.

Parking was a bit of a mare despite there being a lot of area to park in, but I guess that’s what comes of going on the Saturday morning.

One thing I would say and it’s not limited to this show: don’t put trade on the stage as it loses passing traffic, the chap did not look too busy unlike the other trade.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Agree with the above - very enjoyable and plenty to enjoy throughout the day. Always a well organised show.  Was able to stay into the afternoon and it did get quieter from 3pm onwards.  Thanks to @BigAndy - who I was able to chat with briefly on the way out - and the whole team (incl. exhibitors and caterers).  Came home with just one new layout idea (and loco), which isn’t too bad.

No idea if I bumped into @woodenhead as someone I often ‘see’ on here, but quite a few people it was good to see and catch up with when passing.  For anyone free tomorrow, would happily recommend a visit, Keith.

• Like 1

Went today, a great show with a huge variety of layout types across the scales and gauges, very enjoyable.

For me, it was great to catch another 3mm scale layout double header in the north in quick succession (Belper and York were the other shows). And quite a few three millers about to catch up and chat with as well.

Final bonus was an half hour operating session on Mike Corp's sublime 3mm 14.2 finescale layout, Heybridge Wharf.

The show appeared to be 'healthily busy' today, so hope its the same tomorrow for the traders, club and layouts.

Cheers

TT100 Diesels

• Like 1

Agree with TT100Diesels, a great show and I was also  impressed by the friendliness of the layout exhibitors who were very generous with their time explaining their techniques and models. Well done and congrats to the organisers who put the show together. The catering was good too!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

Congratulations to the Macclesfield Club as ever a varied selection of layouts and met up with many friends.

A few contenders for future layout bookings to the Stafford Exhibition 

Terry  

Stafford Railway Circle 

• Like 1